• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Seen on a cruise ship

Doug Kerr

Aboard the Ruby Princess, somewhere off the "Mexican Riviera".

G08829-01-S800.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Untitttled

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Aboard the Ruby Princess, somewhere off the "Mexican Riviera".

G08829-01-S800.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Untitttled

Best regards,

Doug

What is really amazing about the allure of “cleavage” is that it represents “local absence of breast”, or simply areas in the shadow of actual breasts. Both breasts actually conspire to create this phenomenon, an artifact of wherein dresses or tops that squeeze the breasts towards each other in an unnatural medial position create this artifact which recruits the eyes of men!

In the Bible is says, “And you should not allow yourself to be seduced by what appears in front of your heart and eyes, as this debases you!”, (my own free translation of the original verses of the “Shema” directly from the original Hebrew.

And the bible is so damn right! We do get seduced #me too, a victim!

Asher

Doug Kerr

The reason I was on the Ruby Princess was that Carla participated in a special 10 day cruise event out of Los Angeles, down the "Mexican Riviera", to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the founding of the Red Hat Society.

As many of you know, the Society is a social order for mature woman who "just want to have fun". It has 50,000 members in 34 countries. Carla is the founding queen of the chapter in Alamogordo, N.M.

The cruise event was sponsored by the headquarters of the Society (it is of course called "Hatquarters") and was arranged by a travel agency closely linked to the Society and tun by a Red Hatter and her husband.

And of course I went, as Carla's driver.

Here is our vessel, the Ruby Princess, lying off the port of Loreto, Mexico.

G08774-01-S800.jpg

Carla C. Kerr: The Ruby Princess off Loreto, Mexico

Passengers (including Carla) taking the shore tour traveled to and from shore in the vessel's "launches", which are in fact also her survival craft (once known as "lifeboats") which are quite elaborate (we see them with the orange superstructures).

We get a better look at the ship in this shot, as she lay in port at La Paz, Mexico.

G08701-01-S800.jpg

Carla C. Kerr: The Ruby Princess at La Paz, Mexico

It gives new meaning to part of the ship being called the "bridge". She has a capacity (lower bunk basis only) of 3080 passengers, and a crew of about 1200. The overall length is 951 feet.

There were 100 Red Hatters on the group, plus four of their husbands (two of whom were with the travel agency). Here the group is having a group picture taken near one of the ship's four swimming pools by the photographer from the travel agency just before the ship sailed from the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro, California.

G08613-01-S800.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Red Hatters at a group picture

Well, time for supper. More later.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

The reason I was on the Ruby Princess was that Carla participated in a special 10 day cruise event out of Los Angeles, down the "Mexican Riviera", to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the founding of the Red Hat Society.

As many of you know, the Society is a social order for mature woman who "just want to have fun". It has 50,000 members in 34 countries. Carla is the founding queen of the chapter in Alamogordo, N.M.

The cruise event was sponsored by the headquarters of the Society (it is of course called "Hatquarters") and was arranged by a travel agency closely linked to the Society and tun by a Red Hatter and her husband.

And of course I went, as Carla's driver.

Here is our vessel, the Ruby Princess, lying off the port of Loreto, Mexico.

G08774-01-S800.jpg

Carla C. Kerr: The Ruby Princess off Loreto, Mexico

Passengers (including Carla) taking the shore tour traveled to and from shore in the vessel's "launches", which are in fact also her survival craft (once known as "lifeboats") which are quite elaborate (we see them with the orange superstructures).

We get a better look at the ship in this shot, as she lay in port at La Paz, Mexico.

G08701-01-S800.jpg

Carla C. Kerr: The Ruby Princess at La Paz, Mexico

It gives new meaning to part of the ship being called the "bridge". She has a capacity (lower bunk basis only) of 3080 passengers, and a crew of about 1200. The overall length is 951 feet.

There were 100 Red Hatters on the group, plus four of their husbands (two of whom were with the travel agency). Here the group is having a group picture taken near one of the ship's four swimming pools by the photographer from the travel agency just before the ship sailed from the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro, California.

G08613-01-S800.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Red Hatters at a group picture

Well, time for supper. More later.

Best regards,

Doug

Looks like a wonderful trip!

Had I known I would have come to meet you. San Pedro is relatively close to us.

I am so thrilled to hear about this grand adventure. Kudos for your stamina and the huge amount of organizing to actually get this altogether and properly funded and organized!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Looks like a wonderful trip!

Had I known I would have come to meet you. San Pedro is relatively close to us.

Yes, I had thought of suggesting that, but we had absolutely zero time slack, coming and going, and we couldn't build any more in as Carla had a theater commitment back in Alamogordo.

I am so thrilled to hear about this grand adventure. Kudos for your stamina and the huge amount of organizing to actually get this altogether and properly funded and organized!

Well, of course, we only organized our own participation, but indeed that took gigantic preparation and stamina! I'll have some more stories in a later post! And Carla had a gigantic task starting yesterday evening demobilizing us!

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

One of the events on the Red Hat program on the cruise was that the participants would be given a basic sombrero when their arrived that they were then to decorate, oi shipboard, to wear at a fiesta luncheon on the last weekend of the cruise.

Carla did a lot of planning for this, and packed a number of remarkable ingredients along with a nice glue gun, a long extension cord, and various adhesives.

Here is the result:

G08634-01-S800.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Carla's fiesta sombrero

The characters include a bull, a donkey, and (not visible here) a bunny, as well as a Red Hatter who has had too much fiesta and is recumbent under a big red flower (all of then wearing their own little sombreros). The fountain-like structure rising at the top, a gift from one of Carls'a friends, has little red hats on its tendrils.

Here it is being worn at the fiesta luncheon:

Q10274-01-S800.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Carla and her fiesta sombrero

The red baseball cap we see is the "adapter" to fit the sombrero snugly to Carla's head. (It's my cap, and says, "I love my Red Hatter".)

Carla in fact won the prize for best fiesta sombrero.

The fountain had to be amputated to pack the completed hat for return home, but Carla has a second one and will reconstruct the great thing some time soon.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

We've see just a bit of Carla's embrace of Mexican culture aboard the Ruby Princess. My accomplishments in that regime were a bit different:

G08924-01-S800.jpg

Carla C. Kerr: Jessica and Doug at the Michelangelo Dining Room

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Here is Carla and Deb Granich, CEO of the Red Hat Society, aboard the Ruby Princess:

G08863-01-S800.jpg

Photographer unknown: Carla and Deb Granich aboard the Ruby Princess

Carla had just given Deb a metal roadrunner wall decoration (Carla's Red Hat Chapter is the New Mexico Roadrunner Chapter).

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

And here's a happy couple aboard the Ruby Princess:

G08795-01-S800.jpg

Photographer unknown: Carla and Doug aboard the Ruby Princess

Carla is, as you note, in basic Red Hat regalia, which is a purple dress or top and a red hat (the "key" of this "fascinator" is red).

As for me, I am wearing a red Bluetooth headset.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Besides having a steadfast friend, Carla always lights up any picture! No one can say this is a picture of Doug with a woman, rather this is a fabulous lady with her chief gardener or the guy who is going to by her perfect Studerbaker from her storage garage of vintage automobiles

Asher

Jerome Marot

No, just a passer-by.

But this is Carla in a similar -- motif (in 2011):

F29735-03-S800.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Carla in red

I see.

Maybe you would enjoy the following song, then. I find the passage around 2:10 particularly relevant.

Max Boublil: "Montrez-les nous" (Show them to us) Video on Youtube
(probably not safe for work)

It is in French, but I found a translation of the lyrics:

Oh, yeah yeah
Nananana
Oh-oh....

It’s so difficult to sleep
When the planet overheats
And that the sky seems to be more overcast every day
Our economy in shambles
Does not silence the sound of rifles
One often wonders "Whose turn is it?”

So I have a message
To all the girls on the planet
As our time is limited
Do at least this little gesture

Show them to us
Show them to us
It may be our last chance
And that does not cost you anything

Show them to us
Show them to us
You can make a difference
So show at least one of them
Show them to us

Someone must come to the rescue
Of all these lost souls
Remind them of their mother
Who gave them the milk
Like when lost in the desert
What's more reassuring
That the bumps of a camel
Who arise to guide us

So like a soldier
Who reaches out to his brother
Free us from this weight
From this eternal mystery

Show them to us
Show them to us
You are the only ones who have them
Do not keep them for yourself
Show them to us
Show them to us
Before life tells us apart
We want to see a little bit
Show them to us

Show them to us
Show them to us
Show them to us tonight
Oh, even the men who have them
Show them to us,
Show them to us
Since the time I was a baby, I wonder what's underneath

Show them to us
Show us the tits
Show them to us
Show us the titties
Oh show us the boobs (x3)

Max Boublil has several other humorous songs...