• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A fabulous birthday party

Doug Kerr

Carla, my child bride, turned 80 on 2018.08.10, and the next day, her two eldest children held a fabulous birthday party for her at her daughter's home in Azle, Texas (a bit west of Fort Worth). It was a wondrous gathering of family and friends.

Carla has 6 "biological" great-grandchildren, and 6 more whose connection involves "step" or "adopted" at one level or another - we say they are connected by "dotted lines in the family tree". 11 of them were present at the party and collateral events. And a 13th (of the "biological" category) is "in the oven".

Here are the eldest two of her great-grandchildren (these of the "biological" category):

R00833-01-S800.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Taylor and Tawny

Shot with a Panasonic Lumix DMC ZS100​

On the left is Taylor, this fall a junior in college. On the right is Tawny, this fall a senior in high school. Hard to imagine!

As Carla says, "The calendar does all the work."

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Carla, my child bride, turned 80 on 2018.08.10, and the next day, her two eldest children held a fabulous birthday party for her at her daughter's home in Azle, Texas (a bit west of Fort Worth). It was a wondrous gathering of family and friends.

Carla has 6 "biological" great-grandchildren, and 6 more whose connection involves "step" or "adopted" at one level or another - we say they are connected by "dotted lines in the family tree". 11 of them were present at the party and collateral events. And a 13th (of the "biological" category) is "in the oven".

Here are the eldest two of her great-grandchildren (these of the "biological" category):

R00833-01-S800.jpg

On the left is Taylor, this fall a junior in college. On the right is Tawny, this fall a junior in high school. Hard to imagine!

As Carla says, "The calendar does all the work." Best regards,

Doug

Taylor and Tawny, both wonderful and with a great future ahead of them! Congrats to both on their academic milestones. Tell Carla she has a lot to be proud of beyond the Red Hat Society, the Theater Company and looking after, (an admittedly super bright), but still cranky telephone engineer!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Taylor and Tawny, both wonderful and with a great future ahead of them! Congrats to both on their academic milestones. Tell Carla she has a lot to be proud of beyond the Red Hat Society, the Theater Company and looking after, (an admittedly super bright), but still cranky telephone engineer!

Thank you so much. I'll pass that on to Carla!

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Antonio,

Indeed, and we are so proud to have them in the family.

Doug, you wrote:

“Here are the eldest two of her great-grandchildren (these of the "biological" category):”

R00833-01-S800.jpg

Well, there you are, Doug!

One of the most bountiful gifts people have is their human diversity. Fools hug the flag. The happy man has found richness in the beauty and magic of our complex ethnicities

When a thousand years of cold swept over Europe, Neanderthals died, but other hominids could cope and repopulated the vast landscapes!

We must celebrate and hug all “strangers” to us and not be afraid. Here is richness for our threatened communities.

Openness to diversity is not some path to heaven on earth. Rather it’s already heaven on earth!

So, you and Carla and your dear family do not have to pray to get to heaven, you've been there for some time!

Asher

....and you have the wonderful flags to boot!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Doug, you wrote:

“Here are the eldest two of her great-grandchildren (these of the "biological" category):”

R00833-01-S800.jpg

Well, there you are, Doug!

One of the most bountiful gifts people have is their human diversity. Fools hug the flag. The happy man has found richness in the beauty and magic of our complex ethnicities

Yes, and as you know, but as I did not earlier mention here, these wonderful girls are both "multiracial". Their mother is "black", and their father is mostly "white" but at least 1/128 "American Indian" (specifically Cherokee). (I put some of those designations in parentheses as they are so far from "objective".)

When a thousand years of cold swept over Europe, Neanderthals died, but other hominids could cope and repopulated the vast landscapes!

We must celebrate and hug all “strangers” to us and not be afraid. Here is richness for our threatened communities.

Openness to diversity is not some path to heaven on earth. Rather it’s already heaven on earth!

So, you and Carla and your dear family do not have to pray to get to heaven, you've been there for some time!

Asher, my good friend, you bring me to tears, and you have no need to regret doing so.

Best regards,

Doug