• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

WTB Calumet 4x5 back spring

Wesley Young

Hello, I have a calumet 4x5 camera and one of the back springs to hold the ground glass and film holder is missing. Anyone have this part to sell or know a source? If you could suggest a workaround, that could also work.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello, I have a calumet 4x5 camera and one of the back springs to hold the ground glass and film holder is missing. Anyone have this part to sell or know a source? If you could suggest a workaround, that could also work.

Wesley,

Is it just the spring or also the lever? Do you have the other spring? If you can measure that you might be able to find a similar one online from a parts supplier.

Can you photograph both sides?

Asher

Wesley Young

Still hoping for a reply from the other two but Will Thompson is not a source I had known about before. I shall try him, thank you.