• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flowers for A Muse

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have abandoned my favorites workers for some time and must get back to giving them fine brewed coffee, sharing cut up fruit and then creating in the studio.

In preparation, I bought some fresh flowers.

I wanted something stark, unusual and colorful but complicated. So here are my flowers, by themselves, lit by window light to be my muse until the girls return.

_DSF1874_from RAW in ACR CC PS 2018.jpg

Asher Kelman: Muses by the Window

January 2018, Windowl Light
Fuji GFX, Fuji G 32-64 mm
32mm, i/40 sec, f22, ISO 320
Photoshop CC 2018

I hope you like this.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Oh yes Asher... I like it ! Well done. Nice flowers.

The specular light of the Sun doesn't bother, at all !

Perhaps you could remove the bananas in the back... :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Great shot, Asher.

You inspire new photographers like me.

Disha,

Those are kind and welcome words. The design just takes advantage of the sun breaking through atctgecedge of the window frame and causing the specular star effect!

The fruit was just where it was! For subsequent pictures it will be separated!

Asher

We are here to help and encourage one another. What camera are you using and where are you up to in building a collection of favorites?

Can you share some pictures?

Asher