• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Stuck under the bridge

Last evening’s commute, motorcycle down, car smashed up, freeway backed up. I creep slowly up the SoCal freeway and quickly grab this iPhone shot as I crawl under an overpass.

Post-processed with Topaz Studio (multiple presets combined). Before and after:

topazbefore.jpg

topazafter.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Last evening’s commute, motorcycle down, car smashed up, freeway backed up. I creep slowly up the SoCal freeway and quickly grab this iPhone shot as I crawl under an overpass.

Post-processed with Topaz Studio (multiple presets combined). Before and after:

topazbefore.jpg

Mike,

This picture I immediately enjoyvand appreciate as this is what I try and capture but at 80 mph!

So the challenge is to get in enough light at a shutter speed that can get the bridge without blur!

topazafter.jpg

These colors are lovely. I have a general rule in dealing with my post processing creations. Once I am thrilled with the result, I try to put it aside and get totally involved in some other task. Then I try to only use a small portion of my creative color changes. What surprises me is that I only need a fraction of what I had created.

Here I just enjoyed your spicing up the sky to the nth!

Asher

Thanks Asher! There's nothing worse for a photographer than to see great scenes while driving! And to be honest, even at my creeping speed (or I was probably actually stopped for a brief moment), at least one of this sequence was blurred even so.

I agree with your post-processing recipe; usually 50% of what you add can safely be removed. I don't usually like too much saturation but in this case I wanted those sunset colors to pop. That's one of the perks of leaving work in the evening, though it was better nearer the summer solstice.