• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flash and Junior High/High School Football

Larry Cothren

I'm looking for thoughts and opinions on useing flash at these events. I am asking because I normally shoot dancers on stage where flash is not allowed for safety and distractions. In football useing an SB-800 specifically, could it be a distraction useing this flash? I would love to use flash but not if it would distract the players and the game.

Thanks,
Larry

Jim Kenny

I have been using flash on a very limited basis over the last couple soccer games ... I have made it a point to talk to the players after the game and they tell me they have not even noticed the flash. I talk to them about specific plays (where they were within 20 feet and facing directly at me) They say they are so focused on the soccer ball that they dont see the flash ... they tell me that when they are away from the play (other side of field) they see the flash but it does not bother them.

I have also asked the coaches and they have no problem with it either.

I do not have a flash bracket of anysort ... RED EYE ... can be a problem

Jim