• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi, from Brazil

Renato Salles

Hi, folks!

I have just registered few moments ago. I'm from Brazil/South of the country, with almost 30 years of photography background, but always learning new things.
I hope I can at the same time contribute to the forum, and learn with knowledgeable people.

Thanks for letting me in,

Renato Salles

Doug Kerr

Hi, Renato,

Hi, folks!

I have just registered few moments ago. I'm from Brazil/South of the country, with almost 30 years of photography background, but always learning new things.
I hope I can at the same time contribute to the forum, and learn with knowledgeable people.

Renato Salles

Welcome aboard. I look forward to interacting with you.

Best regards,

Doug Kerr

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, folks!

Renato Salles

Glad to welcome you too!

You must have shoe boxes full of fascinating prints and negatives! So what has been your interests. Hope you have a scanner or can use your smart phone to share your vintage pictures!

Asher

Renato Salles

Hi Asher, Doug and Paul,

Thanks for the warmy welcome!
Yes, actually I had "scanned" a bunch of negatives using my DSLR, but it takes really long time to setup a good workflow. So, I aquired a scanner last month, the grandfather of the Epson Flatbed V850, a Perfection 4990, which is more then enough for my present needs.
Stay tunned, photos will follow,

Best,

Renato

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Asher, Doug and Paul,

Thanks for the warmy welcome!
Yes, actually I had "scanned" a bunch of negatives using my DSLR, but it takes really long time to setup a good workflow. So, I aquired a scanner last month, the grandfather of the Epson Flatbed V850, a Perfection 4990, which is more then enough for my present needs.
Stay tunned, photos will follow,

Best,

Renato

Yes, Renato, the 4990 is more than enough. Look forward to the pictures. Interesting challenge you have with so many great post processing software assets at your disposal. A picture taken 5-20 years ago can now have so many varied workflows and consequences.

Looking forward to seeing your work!

Asher