• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Seagull Management

seagull_management_by_rufusthered-dc94ilc.jpg

Seagull Management refers to a governance style in which an 'expert' from afar flies into a remote community to instruct, advise or help the locals. The picture illustrates this depiction from the perspective of locals: 'This geezer flies in, poops over everything, then flies out. Good riddanace!'
Cheers, Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Micheal,

You are amazing! This is poetic and strangely anthropomorphic!

I had not heard of Ken Blanchard’s Book on Managemeny style!

I actually thought that gulls did indeed unite their far flung settlements by such ambassadorship!

I was intrigued!

But now, once again, my narrow reading is exposed!

Asher

Micheal,

You are amazing! This is poetic and strangely anthropomorphic!

I had not heard of Ken Blanchard’s Book on Managemeny style!

I actually thought that gulls did indeed unite their far flung settlements by such ambassadorship!

I was intrigued!

But now, once again, my narrow reading is exposed!

Asher

Seagull Management happens a lot in our part of the world, Asher, where many small communities are ‘fly-in’ mining towns, logging towns, or aboriginal reserves. I’ve realized since recent retirement how lucrative such ‘Consultancies’ can be. However, they’re not tempting to me. Locals are mostly better served by more resources to support their own decision making that by instruction from afar.

Glad you liked the photo taken some years ago. Its relevance to the concept of Seagull Management escaped me until last night, when I thought about sanitizing the image by cleaning the poop from the lamppost. Doing so would have wiped out any symbolic meaning.

Cheers, Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Seagull Management happens a lot in our part of the world, Asher, where many small communities are ‘fly-in’ mining towns, logging towns, or aboriginal reserves. I’ve realized since recent retirement how lucrative such ‘Consultancies’ can be. However, they’re not tempting to me. Locals are mostly better served by more resources to support their own decision making that by instruction from afar.

Glad you liked the photo taken some years ago. Its relevance to the concept of Seagull Management escaped me until last night, when I thought about sanitizing the image by cleaning the poop from the lamppost. Doing so would have wiped out any symbolic meaning.

Cheers, Mike

I am going to ask around and to find out whether the term “Seagull Management” is used and “in Vogue”, here in Los Angeles. It is such a colorful term and has almost the richness of the guy’s a schmerel or a fucc-up!

Right for not cleaning the poop. Very important!

See if there is any wisps of orange hair in the original!

Asher