• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Ordinary things with a modified layer.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have an obsession photographing sidewalks, stains of the roadway, smashed china, debris and anything else that catches my eye.

I am looking for the marks of time, use and misuse, patina and decay.

It occurred to me that I could create series with a layer with windows to reveal the original ordinary ground I seem to need to record.

This seems to focus more attention on what is there, as opposed to revealing everything.

IMG_6504_crystalized pavement_1200.jpg

Asher Kelman: Broken Pavement and dried leaves

iPhone Photoshop 2018 CC

Asher

Asher Kelman

Excellent Asher.
Really love this.

Thanks for stopping by and the kind reaction. I thought of a woman with a dress walking along the beach and then as the light shines threw we get hints of thrvundetlying beautiful shape.

So I wondered if a sneak reveal might work with a mundane subject.

Asher

Andy brown

Haha, yep, sexy as sh!t.
I’m not even quite sure what I’m looking at but I know I like it. The mystery is part the appeal I’m sure. This composition reminds me of the stunning work of Ken Tanaka (where did he go?) and date I say it?!!.... Tom Dinning. Masters of the mundane.

Asher Kelman

This could be a 2d rendering of an installation sculpture.

Thanks Peter!

What a great idea! That opens up new possibilities.

I wonder why creativity seems to work in such small steps, requiring progress on a theme before a new realization can occur......... by looking from a totally new perspective!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Very nice work Asher.

A sneak reveal for the mundane things works fine.

But ' I thought of a woman with a dress walking along the beach and then as the light shines threw we get hints of thrvundetlying beautiful shape ' taxes my imagination. It is or it isn't; for me!!

Best.

Thanks for stopping by and the kind reaction. I thought of a woman with a dress walking along the beach and then as the light shines threw we get hints of thrvundetlying beautiful shape.

So I wondered if a sneak reveal might work with a mundane subject.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I have an obsession photographing sidewalks, stains of the roadway, smashed china, debris and anything else that catches my eye.

I am looking for the marks of time, use and misuse, patina and decay.

It occurred to me that I could create series with a layer with windows to reveal the original ordinary ground I seem to need to record.

This seems to focus more attention on what is there, as opposed to revealing everything.

IMG_6504_crystalized pavement_1200.jpg

Asher Kelman: Broken Pavement and dried leaves

iPhone Photoshop 2018 CC

Asher

Asher,
This is mind blowing and let me think about your work you showed me privately some years ago about Nazi's camps.
This is much more "constructed"…
Il lets wonder about chaos.
But lets the choice between disorder and order…
More than powerful.

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Well done! I love the combination and the way it flows across the page- ok I am watching my back now. It has a great abstract feel to it. I super like this!

Charlotte

Asher Kelman

I have to find the missing images and repair the links!

Meanwhile, from the Century City Parking Garage:

Asher Kelman: “Man with Bison Head!”

Asher

Asher Kelman

And as my wife walked away towards the elevator, I had to linger with this woman, hair blowing in the wind, boasting a long leather purse and looking fabulous!

Asher Kelman: “Woman with Leather Purse!”
Asher