• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Greetings from Toronto

I am sitting in Bar in Toronto curing my Jetlag with a few ice cold Bud, awaiting the presidential debate. <grin> Should provide some fun for sure.

Actually I am on a 1on1 Training course with Michael Reichmann from Luminous Landscape. I am grateful for this opportunity and Michael is a true Gentleman and very pleasant to be around.

On a funny note, naturally we were talking a lot on our first meeting, and while he was driving me a to a place to pick up an external hardrive for my Mac, he missed a sign where you are not allowed to turn right after a certain time of the day, and of course, there was a cop. He asked him for his papers, and he handed them over to the cop who's expression kinda changed, handing Michael back the insurance slip, mentioning that it expired 2006, ahem! LOLOL :) Of course, he just forgot to update his wallet with the recent 2008 version, but luckily had it with him. However, this resulted in a whopping 85 dollar ticket plus VAT.

While much of the content of the work we do together is related to my business and not for the public, I intend to do a little write up of my experience in Canada and share this with you folks including a few pictures of course.

We are going to shoot 4 days together in Algonquin Park which will be a great experience. Next week we spend some time in his Gallery/Studio and work on files/prints together.

Tomorrow I spend a day on my own doing the tourist thing, Niagara falls of course. Booked myself a place in a helicopter, should be interesting.

...so long

I am sitting in Bar in Toronto curing my Jetlag with a few ice cold Bud, awaiting the presidential debate. <grin> Should provide some fun for sure.

Actually I am on a 1on1 Training course with Michael Reichmann from Luminous Landscape. I am grateful for this opportunity and Michael is a true Gentleman and very pleasant to be around.

Hi Georg,

Sounds interesting indeed.

Have fun.

Bart

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Toronto

Toronto sounds like such an interesting city. I love visiting Canada and it's on my list of cities. Georg, you will have a great time. Can't wait to see some of the images from your helicopter ride and your park visit.

Have a good time. Make lots of good salable images for your studio.

Weather is not the best for tomorrow, but i am going anyways, I just need to see this spectecular place. :)

Toronto is amazing at a glance. Torontonians are very outgoing and friendly in deed. Having lived in the states some time, i expected it to be the same, but it ain't!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Georg,

It's a wonderful opportunity for you and in any case you will have a great time with Michael. Today I had the pleasure of going through, one by one, the pictures in Michael Reichman's portfolio on China, "China First Glimpsed", so it's a special pleasure for me to know that you are working with him. Just don't get seduced by the beauties of Canada! We still need our outpost in Ireland!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Georg,

Wow! I am just jelaous right now (LOL). No, I am actually very happy for you, make good use of this excellent opportunity. Looking forward to read and see more on this later.

Cheers,

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I am sitting in Bar in Toronto curing my Jetlag with a few ice cold Bud, awaiting the presidential debate. <grin>

Ah!
Yesterday night I too followed that debate as I was waiting with Marine to embark in our plane back to France...
It was in one of the JFK bar and most of people were supporting Obama…
I know that the conclusion of this election will have a lot of influence on my life, so I do feel concerned, even if I don't vote <grin>

As for the LoL, when, later, flying over Ireland, a little south of Donegal, I mentally sent you a warm hello from upthere… but you were in Toronto!

Have great time there and post as much as you can about your experience with MR...:-D

PS BTW when in the chopper, don't put your camera outside, b'cause the more you do the more you''ll have shakes coming from the wind. Unless the helicopter adopt a stationery flight… ;-)

Last edited: