• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Digital viewers

I hope this is the right place for this post... I need a better way to view my images out in the field while shooting them than I can get in the LCD of my camera. I unfortunately do not have access to a good laptop that I can take with me so I am thinking about getting some sort of viewer to use for this. I find too often that something looks (to my old eyes) pretty darn good in the camera viewer only to find out when I get home and look at it on my large screen that it really wasn't and had I known then, I could have reshot. Do any of you use something like this? I have seen some Epson readers that look pretty good but want to make sure that is the right thing to do. They are pretty pricey and for what they do, I might be better off just paying for a laptop. Can anyone help me on this? Thank you.
James Newman

Doug Kerr

Hi, James,

I hope this is the right place for this post... I need a better way to view my images out in the field while shooting them than I can get in the LCD of my camera.

One approach is to use a small battery-powered TV receiver (one with A/V inputs).

Some nice small portable DVD players also have A/V inputs and can be used for the purpose.

Excellent Dierk. That is exactly what I am looking for. I just need to decide between that and the Epson P-5000 which I have been researching also. Thank you for the advice and the great review of what looks to be a very fine product that would do exactly what I am looking for it to do and more.