• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Teasing…

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hmmmm
But what can be in this box received today?

box

Hmmm...

Well this is in the digicam/rangefinder and even cell phone category so.

New cell phone? Tablet for tethering? Leica rangefinder M9/10/monochrome/etc?

nicolas claris

It's not a cell phone, nor a tablet.
It can takes pictures and HD video, it is very small (compared to a 645D), and it is absolutely new on the market… still on pre-order at B&H : )

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, UPS has informed that a shipment is on it's way from a Japanese company. Doesn't say what it is, but I have to sign with an I.D.!

Hmm!

I'm intrigued!

Asher

nicolas claris

Well, UPS has informed that a shipment is on it's way from a Japanese company. Doesn't say what it is, but I have to sign with an I.D.!

Hmm!

I'm intrigued!

Asher

Ah! I was about to reveal… but I'll let you post first Asher, I guess it should be quite similar…
Will the box be the same ? : )

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

nicolas claris

And the winner is…

Have fun with your Ricoh GR! :)

Best regards,
Michael

Bingo Michael!
I own you a beer or a glass of wine, even a lemonade if you prefer ;)

I have been chosen by Pentax Ricoh to be one of the 3 French pro photogrphers to be a
Ricoh GR Ambassador

Will post more soon. What I can say for now is that it is small (very), holds very well in hand with a filling of strength…

Bingo Michael!
I own you a beer or a glass of wine, even a lemonade if you prefer ;)

I have been chosen by Pentax Ricoh to be one of the 3 French pro photogrphers to be a …

Will post more soon. What I can say for now is that it is small (very), holds very well in hand with a filling of strength…

Very Cool, Nicolas, félicitations!
So, is Asher an ambassador also?

Jerome Marot

Congratulations to your new camera.

It is nice to see manufacturers to be exploring this market. I count the following cameras in the "larger sensor - fixed lens" category:

• Nikon Coolpix A
  • Canon G1X (with a zoom)
  • Fuji X100 / X100s (the only one with a viewfinder)
  • Leica X1 / X2
  • Sony RX-100 (with a slightly smaller sensor, but with a zoom)
  • Sony RX-1 (with a full frame sensor)
  • Sigma DPx series (the firsts on the market)

I probably forgot a few, so feel free to correct me.