• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tulip Time

Seeing Dr. Klaus Schmitt's wonderful tulips inspired me to want to share some of the images I have taken in the last 8 days. I love tulips and although there are none sprouting here yet (yes, we still have snow.. but it's leaving, I swear), I bought some at the store and I hope you enjoy what I have done with them.

searchingfor.jpg

hesaidshesaid.jpg

dejected.jpg

tulipsinateapot.jpg

whitetulipandgreenapple.jpg

I'm excited as tulips mean spring is actually on its way! :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Maggie,

You have a rich imagination. I thought the the one with the Apple has to be large and alone.

This one hits the right spot!

hesaidshesaid.jpg

I love the humanizing of the poses!

Asher

Maggie,

You have a rich imagination. I thought the the one with the Apple has to be large and alone.

This one hits the right spot!

hesaidshesaid.jpg

I love the humanizing of the poses!

Asher

Thanks Asher; it may be my favorite, that's why I put it last. and yes, I think that is one of the reasons I love tulips so much, as their long stems satisfy my sense of giving them human characteristics. They never look uptight and straight.. always meandering about. I adore them. :)

Seeing Dr. Klaus Schmitt's wonderful tulips inspired me to want to share some of the images I have taken in the last 8 days. I love tulips and although there are none sprouting here yet (yes, we still have snow.. but it's leaving, I swear), I bought some at the store and I hope you enjoy what I have done with them.

hesaidshesaid.jpg

I'm excited as tulips mean spring is actually on its way! :) Maggie

What a beautiful way to 'say it with flowers'! Each picture is a story. This one is very sensual - reminds me of the mesmerising courtship dance of Japanese cranes.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Your flowers always take on a surreal look, Maggie. Its as though there is a conversation going on; one I am not privy to.
Your approach is, by all accounts, as a result of your values and ethetics.
I appreciate the difference from my own approach.
In a sense, you give me hope: that I will not always see the darker side of life.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Maggie,

I am always fascinated by your ability to conjure up your own brand of magic with the thematics of human valiues and emotions built in.

Your work, like the choreographed dance of ballerinas is made up of many small defined artistic gestures and movement made continuous and flowing as if all the beauty is then unified in one sweep of intent and passion.

"I'm excited as tulips mean spring is actually on its way! :) Maggie"

Yes, spring is always on the way, with such images to remind us.

But here, you have allowed a tulip to whisper to an apple.

Asher

Last edited:
Maggie,

I am always fascinated by your ability to conjure up your own brand of magic with the thematics of human valiues and emotions built in.

Your work, like the choreographed dance of ballerinas is made up of many small defined artistic gestures and movement made continuous and flowing as if all the beauty is then unified in one sweep of intent and passion.

"I'm excited as tulips mean spring is actually on its way! :) Maggie"

Yes, spring is always on the way, with such images to remind us.

But here, you have allowed a tulip to whisper to an apple.

Asher

How very nice to see this re-appear. I was just here answering a message from another member and off to comment on some images when I see this. It makes me smile, as last week I sold an image locally and there is a distinct possibility that this image with the while tulip and the green apple will be her next purchase. She's already given me a down payment, just needs to see where she'd place it in her home, and if not found, she'll purchase something else!

I'm so glad you like this one as I am quite fond of it too! :) Maggie