• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Find Photo-Domino-connections: Berlin Wall Panels Opposite, LACMA, California!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Try to find images that can match at least one part of this photograph, grass being just incidental!

IMG_0223_IMG_0224_800.jpg

Asher Kelman: Berlin Wall Sections Opposite LACMA, Wilshire Blvd, L.A., California, October 2012

Ten panels we can number 1-10 from left plus the background. This should work something like matching dominoes. Just state and describe component from Berlin Wall or b.g. one is linking too. for example, #5, Kennedy! Be imaginative and not conservative! Association or even opposites are fine!

:)

Asher

Asher Kelman

I'll answer with the b.g. This seems to me to be by RETNA, a local LA artist who writes win secret languages and won over LACMA curator Steven Deutch!

retna.ultimate.jpg

RETNA:Ultimate

Painting

Kohngalery.com Los Angleles, CA

You can read about him here. So now the b.g. has been addressed once, pick any section, to make your matches!

Asher Kelman

The panel #2 with the jagged element suggests an earthquake surface rupture!

KALININGRAD_fault-ka.jpg

Prof. Grigory Koff, Geological Institute Russian Academy of Sciences: Kalingrad: Ground Fissure!
Macroseismic effects of the Sep.21,2004 Kaliningrad quakes at community of
Lyublino, c.a.20 km WNW of Kaliningrad see location map below).

IMG_0223_IMG_0224_800.jpg

Asher Kelman: Berlin Wall Sections Opposite LACMA, Wilshire Blvd, L.A., California, October 2012

Now you can match or contrast either picture elements as we proceed this game of photo dominoes! It's a game I thunk up for idea linkage. :)

So now we could add this:

asphalt-crack_4_600x450.jpg

National Geographic: Karen Kasmauski: Fractured Road, Japan

"A crane and several construction vehicles lay toppled on a fractured road in Kobe, Japan, after a 7.2 magnitude temblor shook the quake-prone country.
The Great Hanshin Earthquake Disaster of 1995 was one of the worst in Japan’s history, killing 6,433 people and causing more than $100 billion in damages."

So that's how the pieces get put together and grow into a web of ideas! Have fun!!! :)

Asher

I know this is not a photograph, but I couldn't help comparing the earthquake one to this drawing about the earthquake/tsunami in Japan in 2011.

0mSLum0FSEmVVCodBYF9nA.jpeg

© Giacomo Cardelli - Cartoonmovement.com 2011

Asher Kelman

I know this is not a photograph, but I couldn't help comparing the earthquake one to this drawing about the earthquake/tsunami in Japan in 2011.

0mSLum0FSEmVVCodBYF9nA.jpeg

© Giacomo Cardelli - Cartoonmovement.com 2011

Maggie,

You have uplifted my spirits! At last someone figured it out perfectly how to play this picture dominoes I conjured up, and your choice is fun and apt. Thanks for bringing in such a cartoon. I'd never have seen it otherwise!

Well done!!

:)

Asher

sadly, I think the post was lost in a shuffle of other ones so I didn't even see it before today. When I have a chance, I will try to do some more. :)