• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: The girl at Copacaba...

fahim mohammed

It is a bairro of Rio. There is only one Rio. As there is only one Paris.

And there is only one Copacabana. As there was only this girl for me. Camera in hand, I made my way towards her.

She looked up at me...Curious. Then a slight smile. I have that effect on the opposite sex.

p2800433306-4.jpg

Going my way?, I asked.

Where you headed?. Surely out of curiosity!

I am a traveler, I said.
Wherever, the road takes me.

How shall you travel, she asked.
First class, I answered without hesitation.

I, too, am an adventurer and traveler, she said..picking up her back pack...
Let's go, she beckoned me to follow her.

15 days later, we arrived.
You call this first class ?, she queried, furious.

p2803855057-4.jpg

Yep. We had food, shelter, didn't have to walk too much, and are safe..ain't we?
That lady is first class, in my book.

We have traveled the world, many times over since then. First class all the way.
The lady. Not the mode of travel.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Of course I am fascinated, but I was at a loss to respond. What is the true story about how you met?

Asher

fahim mohammed

We never met, nor talked before marriage.
After the families had agreed preliminarily, after having told her all there was to know about me,we saw each other very very briefly in the presence of male members of her family.

We talked very briefly, over the phone, during which I am sure her mother, sisters, brothers and father were present.

She consented to marry me and conveyed her decision to her grandfather and father. And mother, foremost.

Worked out for us.

Now my kids are married. Slightly different circumstances...they are all medical doctors and each knew about their future wives in uni.
But religion, tradition and culture hold sway. Even, as in our case, for American/Canadian qualified medical consultants.

Best.

But don't you like good stories...be they fact or fiction? Lord of the rings, anyone?

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

We never met, nor talked before marriage.
After the families had agreed preliminarily, after having told her all there was to know about me,we saw each other very very briefly in the presence of male members of her family.

We talked very briefly, over the phone, during which I am sure her mother, sisters, brothers and father were present.

She consented to marry me and conveyed her decision to her grandfather and father. And mother, foremost.

Worked out for us.

"Better lucky than good". Yet what often seems like luck is actually the hard-to-appreciate wise working of a complicated machine.

And best wishes to you and Ayesha.

Best regards,

Doug

I've of course heard of such ways but have not actually met anyone that has had this experience but what is most important is that you have a happy life and you and Ayesha seem to be wonderful and happy together. Great photo of her, by the way! :) Maggie

fahim mohammed

Doug, Maggie, and Asher.

Thanks for your time.

Maggie, all of us..are basically the same. Laugh, cry, sorrow, happiness, envy, jealousy, love, caring, live and die; to name some commonalities.

The customs might differ. Else it would be such a bland planet. All the same!!

Thank you guys.