• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Enchanted Forest in Autumn

Dr Klaus Schmitt

44338456455_75f1fa3c8c_o.jpg

43435803700_526a709cd1_o.jpg

44338454415_51c2945aa6_o.jpg

45249251321_3225a23ce0_o.jpg

31375194878_134c7f3530_o.jpg

(with Meopta f1.0 / 50mm projection lens)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These are all magical and, as you say, enchanted. The first one is particularly atmospheric and mysterious.

Asher

Asher Kelman

I am impressed with this meopta projection lens!

44338456455_75f1fa3c8c_o.jpg

I miss such a scene, with a blanket of golden leaves. Here in Beverly Hills, we can get this once in 6-6 years. We need a spell of cold I guess, before autumn arrives.

Your picture reminds me of fall in Central spark in New York, where they also have impressive broad branched trees on security duty!

Would not think this was a projection lens!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thanks Asher! The four seasons here are close to my heart, I like how nature glows in summer, explodes in so many colors in our golden autumns, decays in winter and goes to a cold sleep, them explodesd agains in fresh and young green in spring. So wonderful to see every year...I would not want to miss this...

Yes indeed it is a very special and very fast (f1.0) projection lens. which has been mechanically modified to be able to be used as ataking lens, as its back focua is very short, so some "surgery" was needed.

Asher Kelman

Thanks Asher! The four seasons here are close to my heart, I like how nature glows in summer, explodes in so many colors in our golden autumns, decays in winter and goes to a cold sleep, them explodesd agains in fresh and young green in spring. So wonderful to see every year...I would not want to miss this...

Yes indeed it is a very special and very fast (f1.0) projection lens. which has been mechanically modified to be able to be used as ataking lens, as its back focua is very short, so some "surgery" was needed.

Ahah! Well Klaus, you have my attention. Surgery interests me very much!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Ahah! Well Klaus, you have my attention. Surgery interests me very much!

Asher

hi hi, my mechanic took out the rear lens group, shortened the barrel and then re-inserted that group again and fixed it. Now it works up to infinity!! And he did not even have to Xray it....

Asher Kelman

hi hi, my mechanic took out the rear lens group, shortened the barrel and then re-inserted that group again and fixed it. Now it works up to infinity!! And he did not even have to Xray it....

Brilliant!

Took me a second to realize the X-Ray was a joke related to surgery on humans! (I don’t think that journalist in Istanbul was X-rayed either)! Did you define the required final tube length? What’s the math?

Did you find a detailed description of the focal lengths of the rear elements?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Brilliant!

Took me a second to realize the X-Ray was a joke related to surgery on humans! (I don’t think that journalist in Istanbul was X-rayed either)! Did you define the required final tube length? What’s the math?

Did you find a detailed description of the focal lengths of the rear elements?

Asher

No joke, I was referring to a famous Radiologist and now an aquaintance of mine in Austria, who has done Xrays of lenses and cameras which was used by Westlicht Auction house at times, to find out about internal construction details without damaging the object...

My mechanic did that for me, I made the focus and camera adaption using a small helicoid.

Asher Kelman

Such beautiful images. I loved all the images.

Karishima,

You came to a great place to start getting to know folk here. It's unusual, at least here, for us to see the artistic work of Dr. Karl Schmitt, a biological scientist interested in light perception especially in insects and also renowned foreign he keeper and source of some of the most unique repurposed lenses o nhe planet.

Occasional, as in this thread, we get treated to the purely art-nature lover side of his work and its always treat!

If you fall in love with some lens effect, he mihg have one to sell or will either find it for you or recommend whats available. Amazingly, a fabulous lens could cost $30, $299 or even 20 times or more! You will have no idea just from the pictures! It's often a matter of how many were made and when Klaus last write about that particular glass!

Asher