• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Review: New Additions.............

Pat Dwyer

Hi All............ In the last few week I have made many new additions to my website, please browse it at, www.patdwyer.weebly.com I specalize in night painting......I light up old relics at night, please mouse click the pictures also scroll down.....I have put time and effort and seriously broken a sweat doing it so post some comments....Thanks...........The past comes back to lfie on my site, nostalgia.............. ............ Pat

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Pat,

A huge welcome to OPF. Great to have the link to your website. I have started to go through each of your images, slowly, one at a time.

I think it is most efficient and highly recommended that you post a selection here. That way you'll get immediate and more sustained interest.

Discussion follows work posted here or works of other exceptional international artist who someone here "discovers".

I do like the way you are lighting objects and spaces at night.

Perhaps you can introduce us to how you were drawn to this form of expression!

Asher

Last edited:

Pat Dwyer

Abandoned relics......

Old relics disappear fast and I light them up with flashlights and s shutter controlled camera for a final review.......I bring them back to life for a moment....................

Asher Kelman

Old relics disappear fast and I light them up with flashlights and s shutter controlled camera for a final review.......I bring them back to life for a moment....................

Well Pat, bring them here. Please post some of your favorites so we can enjoy the page and comment on them!

That's where OPF works

Kind wishes,

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Pat,

Hi, There is no way forr me to upload individual pictures..

Sure ya can:

5880643_orig.jpg

It's not really "uploading" that is involved (no, nobody can do that here), just putting in your message an image link to where the image file already is.

Put "{IMG}" and "{/IMG}" tags around the URL (but use "[" and "]" rather than "{" and "}").

Best regards,

Doug

Pat Dwyer

Unable to upload individual pictures..........

I cannot upload individual pictures, I am unsure why, I think it might be my gateway..............If anyone wants you can access mys site and upload them to the forum............Pat

Doug Kerr

Hi, Pat,

I cannot upload individual pictures, I am unsure why, I think it might be my gateway..............If anyone wants you can access mys site and upload them to the forum............Pat

Note that there is no such thing as "upload them to the forum". That is, the forum is not set up to host members' images.

Rather, one must put into one's message an "image link" that calls up the image file from wherever it is already residing.

Asher has given you a link to an extensive tutorial by Cem Usakligil on this matter. And I demonstrated it with one of the images from your site.

Best regards,

Doug

Pat Dwyer

No Luck uploading.....

Hi, I tried but there are just so many steps..............Can someone surf my website and upload some pictures I took of old pay phone, they are easy to find, ......That would be Great..............Pat .

Pat Dwyer

My Payphones........

I cannot upload............but thanks for doing it.........These OLD PHONES ARE a thing of the past......Tey represent ABANDONED AMERICA........

Pat Dwyer

These introductions of the pictures are helping me out........I have really put some effort/sweat/finances/hours and into these pictures..........Thanks for uploading some............Can anyone who has the skills/know how upload the reddish/pink wooden building on my site.....It is easy to find because it is on the far left and is right next old Construction equipment. I had to work for this picture and uploading it would be great....... Thanks........Pat .. ....

Andy brown

Pat, I remember when I first tried post pics I had a few teething problems.
I think you should persevere, once you get it it's not so hard after all.
I use photobucket as my storage online, from there I can just copy the file name and when I want to post an image here, I use the picture icon and paste the file name into the space.

You can preview your post to make sure sure it's there and at the right size.

Hope that helps.

Pat Dwyer

NO LUCK IN DOING IT MY COMPUTER WILL NOT COPY IT SO WHEN I GO TO PASTE E IT IS BLANK.........CAN I JUST SEND SOMEONE A PICTURE VIA REGULAR EMAIL; AND THEY POST IT............. here is my regular email, sop@widomaker.com Pat.

Pat Dwyer

img-5543_orig.jpg
Hi, This used to be an old Hotel the it was used for musical shows......It is old, wooden, even has old fashioned lighting..see the light in front..............At sunset I lit it up with red theatrical gels for a final review before a tear down.......The past, comes back to life here.........The hotel may be 70 years old or more.........................PAt

Pat Dwyer

Ne Picture. Nostalgia.............

img-6181_orig.jpg
Hi All, i took this tonight, hopefully it should upload.................Please browse it........ Pat .

Asher Kelman

img-5543_orig.jpg
Hi, This used to be an old Hotel the it was used for musical shows......It is old, wooden, even has old fashioned lighting..see the light in front..............At sunset I lit it up with red theatrical gels for a final review before a tear down.......The past, comes back to life here.........The hotel may be 70 years old or more.........................PAt

Hi Pat,

I am no expert on light painting. I do know that documenting our culture through freezing in time the look of discarded structures gets a lot of interest as it reflects our societies steps. Sone forward, some backwards as ideas become popular and needs change and whole cities can implode into poverty, neglect and crumbling back to nature.

I am impressed by your Independant and focused intent in your work. The lighting adds a stamp of your own identity to this effort.

Thanks you,

Asher

Pat Dwyer

Fender......1965

img-5887_orig.jpg
img-5858.jpg
javascript:;javascript:; It looks like this picture worked.............look closely at the speakers they date back to 1965....................

Last edited:

Pat Dwyer

Fender speakers 1965

Remember music class or old concerts or musical shows.......These 1960's era speakers were "PROMINENT" back then. The could "BLAST"........They are long gone but this picture gives them a reprieve for a moment............They are Brought Back to Life for A FINAL APPRECIATION.......................................

Last edited:

Pat Dwyer

Nigth shot.

img-5784_orig.jpg
This was taken in Virginia at sunset...............soon to be torn down I bouht it back to life for a moment...............Yrs a go it used to be a hotel.............

Last edited:

Pat Dwyer

Old tv dinner ad.........

Hi, this old ad for tv dinner dates back to the 1960's..............lit up it brings that era back to life........please post some reviews or comments..............pat in virginia..................

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi, this old ad for tv dinner dates back to the 1960's..............lit up it brings that era back to life........please post some reviews or comments..............pat in virginia..................

Hi Pat

I'm allowing my thoughts to formulate before I allow them the privilege of permanency.

Perhaps you can assist.

Why use this technique?
And why on ALL the photos?
What, exactly do you hope to achieve?

Xx

Tom

Pat Dwyer

Old america.

There are just so many photographers that to really advance you have to be willing to do the extra-oridinary.........Lighting up old relics is a bit different but it also stands out.......plus it brings back lost or abandoned america for a final review..........it has an attachment to nostalgia as well. plus if you relate to it you can be good at it....................Troy Paiva doe sit, google him to see his work............. PD ..............

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Pat,

The work you reference is very expertly lit.

I need to digest the work and study it more, but it is certainly very well defined and meticulously crafted. However, I have not as yet formed any opinion or made an emotional attachment to his work.

Thanks for the link.

Asher