• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Engagement Photo - How to improve?

Otto Haring

530493_10150636181336577_231243854_n.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
How to improve?

Otto,

First, why do you think it needs improving? It'd engaging, fin and delightful! I'm sure they'll love it, so it's already more than sufficient for the purpose. Is that styrofoam, BTW, cause it does look so well planned and executed!

I'll let it stew in my mind and come back to it. But first congrats on the assignment and your imagination. It seems like you had a flash of an idea and then just did it so well. Wonderful!

Asher

Rachel McLain

As a new member here, I'm not sure how welcome my feedback is, but I'll jump in.

Truly lovely shot and nicely creative!

I would crop off some of the black on the left side--all of your name plus about half again that width. It would still leave it very nicely off center, but just not quite so much so. (So much is taste you know!)

Rach

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Hi Otto,

This idea is either kitsch, metaphorical or fun, depending on the mindset of the happy couple. Likely as not, they will value this a lot as it shows them together even in face of adversity and enjoying each other.

For improvements I'd give aa source to a light. It could be her father and mother looking out the window and holding a lantern to see what's going on or else a street lamppost which could be really easy to add. I'd also put in an interesting side walk. If the have a dog, I'd add that too, coming towards them from the left.

You can work on this and then get them to commission for a large print. This sort of original work could add a lot for the couple and increase your sales. I'll look at Norman Rockwell's work as this could very well be an homage to his style. That way, there's a whole prestige and popularism which acts as a subconscious scaffolding to your work.

Of course, it's fine as it is if they like it now but frankly, I'd see how far your imagination can lead you.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Otto,

It is exquisite!

And what wonderful subjects.

If there was anything about which I would comment, it is about the water. It is a very clever aspect, but somehow doesn't quite "look right", and I'm sorry I can't say in what way.

Best regards,

Doug

Robert Watcher

Your image catches my attention and draws my eye right where it needs to be - the couple k-i-s-s-i-n-g. Would make a great spread in an engagament book with the negative space.

John Wolf

It sure is nice as is.

If I tried anything more, it would be to lower the highlights in the water stream on the left. They attract the eye probably a little more than they should.

John

Otto Haring

Otto,

First, why do you think it needs improving? It'd engaging, fin and delightful! I'm sure they'll love it, so it's already more than sufficient for the purpose. Is that styrofoam, BTW, cause it does look so well planned and executed!

I'll let it stew in my mind and come back to it. But first congrats on the assignment and your imagination. It seems like you had a flash of an idea and then just did it so well. Wonderful!

Asher
Thanks a lot!