• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Black is beautiful

Antonio Correia

I started today a series with only black people under the title "Black is Beautiful"

I hope to be able to make a collection of at least 15 people.
Portraits are to be taken outside anywhere I can using flash eventually. The lens used will be changing according to the circumstances and scenarios and so will the final look.
The portraits will be close or far away depending on the situation/location and so forth. Not too many bonds.
Photographs will be refined using suitable software program(s).

I took this one in the garden. Natural light filtered by trees. An A5 is going to be offered to him. The guy is from Angola.

i-7vmmvsh-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I started today a series with only black people under the title "Black is Beautiful"

I hope to be able to make a collection of at least 15 people.
Portraits are to be taken outside anywhere I can using flash eventually. The lens used will be changing according to the circumstances and scenarios and so will the final look.
The portraits will be close or far away depending on the situation/location and so forth. Not too many bonds.
Photographs will be refined using suitable software program(s).

I took this one in the garden. Natural light filtered by trees. An A5 is going to be offered to him. The guy is from Angola.

i-7vmmvsh-X2.jpg

Superb!

Thank goodness, our grandchildren are set to have no negative impulsive feelings based appn race and gender.

Your pictures help us with our humanity. Good luck with the series!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Asher.
I hope more will come.
It is going to take time as I do not know many black people and sometimes they are difficult to contact to this series.
I have been refused one already.
Never mind. I will get some people with time...
:)

Beautiful portrait António. I hope you are able to get enough people for your series. Love how textural his hair is.. I want to put my hand in and touch it! :) Maggie

Andy brown

Great shot Antonio, good luck with the series.
I'm sure you'll find many willing subjects and deliver at your usual exceptional standard.

Antonio Correia

Thank you Maggie and Andy for the nice words. :)

Today I saw a young girl who was fantastic for this series... I couldn't talk to her as I was driving.
Next time ! :)