• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Enchanted Forest with Biotar 75mm

Dr Klaus Schmitt

33154955251_730556326d_o.jpg

33154954731_ff65ea95ca_o.jpg

33154955391_dacac0ab2c_o.jpg

33154954861_5489921165_o.jpg

(Reiss Insel Mannheim, side arm of Rhine river https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reißinsel)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Klaus,

You are unbelievable. This is a superb way of showing how to explore, how to explain,. how to teach, how to film ...... and how to find subjects to study!

You start by a wide angle view showing, perhaps the access to the place and its context. Next you start to move in, teasing us with the fabulous milieu of textures and colors as the light defines the bark and moss on trees.

Finally you take us to a tiny treasured private corner where a story unfolds. This is life visited, one important facet taken at a time and treated with utmost respect.

It's as if you were trained by a native tracker and guardian of the forrest, who trusts you to cherish every part of its community.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
33154955251_730556326d_o.jpg

The start! Here we see the algae tinged slow moving shoreline waters where a boat is moored. Next time, one duck or bird on the boat.....but actually, the starkness here, does well. There is no attempt at romanticism or easy beauty and postcard prettiness. This is quiet and not magical, just the truth of nature, most of the time, robust, unforgiving and able to outlast us. We just visit.

Asher

K.Hannah

Awww! Look at the little frog! Love frogs... great images loved the middle three. Really were photos of an enchanted forest.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Klaus,

You are unbelievable. This is a superb way of showing how to explore, how to explain,. how to teach, how to film ...... and how to find subjects to study!

You start by a wide angle view showing, perhaps the access to the place and its context. Next you start to move in, teasing us with the fabulous milieu of textures and colors as the light defines the bark and moss on trees.

Finally you take us to a tiny treasured private corner where a story unfolds. This is life visited, one important facet taken at a time and treated with utmost respect.

It's as if you were trained by a native tracker and guardian of the forrest, who trusts you to cherish every part of its community.

Asher

Thank you Asher, this is actually how I do things and see things in a "cineastic" way, telling a
(my) story of that forest, hence why I selected that sequence - and it was actually shot in that sequence!

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Awww! Look at the little frog! Love frogs... great images loved the middle three. Really were photos of an enchanted forest.

Thank you Hannah! A toad it is actually, and since that forest is so mystical and quiet, it came crushing through some leaves on the ground, startling me, as I was unsure what it was, a snake, a rat it could have been, then it fully appeared, allowed me take a few portrait shots, and disappeared in the dark again...

K.Hannah

Thank you Hannah! A toad it is actually, and since that forest is so mystical and quiet, it came crushing through some leaves on the ground, startling me, as I was unsure what it was, a snake, a rat it could have been, then it fully appeared, allowed me take a few portrait shots, and disappeared in the dark again...

Toad.... We have a frog here that has very similar coloration and so my brain said frog forgetting that it could be toad....

Hey at least it wasn't a hungry dragon, you were in an enchanted forest after all! lol

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Toad.... We have a frog here that has very similar coloration and so my brain said frog forgetting that it could be toad....

Hey at least it wasn't a hungry dragon, you were in an enchanted forest after all! lol

Well, you may be correct though, so many frogs there is, so I wonder if I have seen it right...