• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Serious fun with any smartphone! Post your favorites!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have inherited my wife's 3G iPhone and am amazed by it's utility. One could even drive looking at the live view, LOL!

So I have tested it on walks, capturing whatever pleases my eye. I started of course with obliques, thinking that they might go well together in layered pictures, later on.

So here's my start:

Palm and stones 600 pixels wide.jpg

Asher Kelman: Garden

iphone 3G white

2012_06_TreeRox.jpg

Asher Kelman: Immigrant Tree

Sawleaf Zelkova (Zelkova Serrata)

iphone 3G white

So add your own serious fun pictures from your smart phone! :)

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Not an iPhone, Nokia E7 here:

Best regards,
Michael

Michael,

Great view! Michael A. smith is right here, (in this case :) ), its the subject that counts, not the camera! I might have been there, years ago. Do they sunbathe there, on the grass by the water, even a few folk without clothes? I have to dig through my old pictures!

Asher

John Wolf

Just starting to try my iPhone for more "serious" work. Been using it with the 645 Pro app and really enjoying the combination. It has even prompted me to work in color -- something I have not done in years.

It's definitely a bright light camera, but otherwise the noise and blur are part of the charm.

A few more iPhone pics on the web site.

John

p994887172-4.jpg

Asher Kelman

Just starting to try my iPhone for more "serious" work. Been using it with the 645 Pro app and really enjoying the combination. It has even prompted me to work in color -- something I have not done in years.

It's definitely a bright light camera, but otherwise the noise and blur are part of the charm.

John

p994887172-4.jpg

I checked your website. May I say "Wow!". These need to be shared too!

Asher

John Wolf

Thank you, Asher. This really is great fun. And to think a camera is always right there in your pocket or purse or belt case.

I'm going to work on becoming better technically. And I'll try printing some files.

I'd love to hear of any favorite apps. So far I use 645 Pro for capture and work the tiffs in Lightroom.

John

fahim mohammed

I have inherited my wife's 3G iPhone and am amazed by it's utility. One could even drive looking at the live view, LOL!

So I have tested it on walks, capturing whatever pleases my eye. I started of course with obliques, thinking that they might go well together in layered pictures, later on.

So here's my start:

Palm and stones 600 pixels wide.jpg

Asher Kelman: Garden

iphone 3G white

So add your own serious fun pictures from your smart phone! :)

Asher​

Simple, effective, beautifully composed.​

Last edited by a moderator:

fahim mohammed

John

p994887172-4.jpg

John, seems you are getting the hang of the iPhone very well indeed. Well timed and captured.

Asher Kelman

The iPhone fstoppers shoot is really about lighting and a well prepared model. Once one has that, of course, the camera is not too important. Well done!

Asher

Rachel Foster

Posted elsewhere before I saw the iPhone thread. I'm hoping you'll indulge my double-post.

It's overexposed, but it appeals to me anyway.

redforpost.jpg

While waiting to talk to the surgeon after Debbie's Gallbladder removal last wednesday...

The waiting chair
7664442240_43cf1ffb93.jpg

Another one taken during the wait....

7664441650_3c115d9a36.jpg

Asher Kelman

Segments!

7664448434_4f0198e5b0.jpg

7664447718_babc89d2ab.jpg

Jake,

Congratulations on all your work with this new way of making pictures. You've become an ace already!

Both of these segment into sections of the universe!

asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

While waiting to talk to the surgeon after Debbie's Gallbladder removal last wednesday...

7664442240_43cf1ffb93.jpg

Jake Klein: Waiting Room Chair

Works! The base trim of the wall adds the authenticity.

Jake,

One behalf of all your friends here at OPF, I wish a swift recovery to your dear wife!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Driving Past Carney's ON Sunset Strip!

Sunset Strip is lit up till the early hours of the morning. This restaurant in converted railway cars is among the last to close, always being sought out by folks for late night dinner or just a coffee before driving home after a night on the town.

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

Asher Kelman: Passing Carney's on the Sunset Strip!

Asher