• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mya Through a Tya

Robert Watcher

86628F1D-48DA-4520-964E-ECC9E850DDAC.jpg

Walking down the street close to my home just before the sun set today - I noticed a little boy bent down playing with something on the sidewalk, and at the same time noticed a stack of tires on the side of the road, advertising the tire repair company across the street.

I put 2 and 2 together, hoping the boy would still be playing by the time I sauntered along the 1/2 block to get to the location where I could stand behind the tire and frame the scene.

It was vividly pictured in my head what I wanted to photograph, but I was also at the mercy of content that I couldn’t control.

Sure enough, about halfway to the stack of tires, the little boy gets up and walks into the Tienda. My shot is gone. But I followed through to the location anyway, and along comes the boys mom from the next door, the boy joins her and walks with her along the sidewalk while I fire off 3 or 4 shots.

The older woman comes out of the Tienda and the three talk for awhile - all turned away from me so I had only backs. I framed them centred and fired away regardless and then the sequence changed to their profiles showing - and they turned and looked down the road past me. There was my shot (this one). And the scene was gone.

Olympus E-M1 w/14-42mm lens @ 39mm - f5.6@1/100’th - 320 ISO

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Good intent, good shot!
One of the photographer's strengths is also to be able to wait for the unexpected to come…
You did!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
86628F1D-48DA-4520-964E-ECC9E850DDAC.jpg

I admire the thought and effort in hunting and strategizing to achieve this well planned "chance" shot. If you had not made the scheme up you wouldn't have been rewarded by good fortune!

Wonderful result, Robert!

Asher

Olympus E-M1 w/14-42mm lens @ 39mm - f5.6@1/100’th - 320 ISO

....superb toy camera that fights at a heavyweight class!