• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Construction in London, Photo Project - #13

Paul Abbott

Hi guys, i've been a little out of touch lately, here and with my photography. I've been suffering a lack of motivation and inspiration but it's all coming back slowly and surely...:)

As for this shot it's another documentary image with a little analogy thrown in for good measure, and that's always been something that interests me by way of a photograph. :) The line of the cones mimicking the line of the digger's arm interested me too...

constructionludgatelondon1of1500.jpg

Construction - Ludgate, London '12 #13 - Paul Abbott

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi guys, i've been a little out of touch lately, here and with my photography. I've been suffering a lack of motivation and inspiration but it's all coming back slowly and surely...:)

As for this shot it's another documentary image with a little analogy thrown in for good measure, and that's always been something that interests me by way of a photograph. :) The line of the cones mimicking the line of the digger's arm interested me too...

constructionludgatelondon1of1500.jpg

Construction - Ludgate, London '12 #13 - Paul Abbott

At last, Paul, we have your architecture back once more! It's very welcome!

Yes, the line of cones works. However, your pictures work better by seeing them and then remembering what one has seen before.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just to extend my last comment, Paul, your architecture pictures of London work especially well in the context of each other as they have a lineage. So for folk not already treated to your work, having several siblings would be an extra treat enabling them to build up some great experience in spending time with your fascinating photography.

So for newbies to Paul's work, look at these: National film Theater, and Cheapside

For me, it's easy as I think about this past work often, even when links are broken!

Asher

Paul Abbott

Of course your right Asher, this project is a slow build and a slow process in obtaining newer shots. It would be a pleasure to show more from this series, i've posted some more up here...

constructioncharingcross21of1cl600.jpg

Crossrail Construction - London '10 #2 - Paul Abbott

construction101of1600.jpg

Construction - Spitalfields, London '10 #10 - Paul Abbott

construction81of1cl600.jpg

Construction - Whitechapel, London '10 #8 - Paul Abbott

constructioncheapside1299800.jpg

Construction - Cheapside, London '10 #1 - Paul Abbott