• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fuji GFX Camera Flowers for a Muse II

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, here is the second image for your pleasure!

I still have kept the sunlight breaking into the frame, but not as harsh. Note the fruit bowl is moved to the side, appear separately.

_DSF2137_Rotated for water level& Perspective II_5_large canavas_800

Asher Kelman: Muse By The Window II

Fuji GFX, 32-64mm
1/300, F22, ISO 1600
Processed Photoshop CC 2018
From a Single RAW File

Quips, feedback and comments....and praise welcome!

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

The tall narrow up-to-the-ceiling Windows, I designed and installed to replace 30 year old small glass blocks near the ceiling, so as to allow morning Southern light to flood the kitchen, exactly for pictures like this!

The counter is a Corian, a polymer substitute for real stone and acid resistant.

The shading behind the glass is the alarm screening!

The fruit changes as I munch, but a bowl is always there!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Well, here is the second image for your pleasure!

I still have kept the sunlight breaking into the frame, but not as harsh. Note the fruit is spearate.

Meaning, I suppose, "having the form of a spear."

_DSF2137_Rotated for water level& Perspective II_5_large canavas_800

Asher Kelman: Muse By The Window II

Fuji GFX, 32-64mm
1/300, F22, ISO 1600
Processed Photoshop CC 2018
From a Single RAW File

A really nice work, and I do like it better than the first one (which if course has by now disappeared, so later readers of the comptes rendus will have no idea what I am talking about).

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Hi,

A really nice work, and I do like it better than the first one (which if course has by now disappeared, so later readers of the comptes rendus will have no idea what I am talking about).

Best regards,

Doug

Thanks for the visit! As to the first iteration, it's still present here as it was yesterday!

It is an New work on it's own and deserved its own place!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Doug,

It turns out that, even though I personally designed those new windows, I did not have space between it and the working counter, to move around freely.....and it's in the way!

It's one of the practical limitations of making the design to fit a modern kitchen, rather than cater to my considerations for freedom of camera position for photography. At least I got to have the new tall windows, I had dreamed of for so many years, to make that counter a naturally lit space for shooting flowers and models!

There's such a steep angles of the light beams entering the room and back-illuminating the flowers. So I have to crouch low frame this picture, (if I want the morning sun, itself to build the lighting).

This results in a severely perspective-distorted image with converging parallel lines. These are corrected in Photoshop CC and the image rotated to have the water level. Then, the actual light levels of each component of the image must be adjusted so everything appears normally lit and modeled without completely black shadows or specular heighlights on fruit of the counter.

In the studio, if I had a backlit setup with a free standing window, (what a great idea), I could make such a shot, after hours of planning for the first shot) in 10 seconds flat, every time.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Thanks for the visit! As to the first iteration, it's still present here as it was yesterday!
Oh, sorry, I wasn't paying enough attention.

It is an New work on it's own and deserved its own place!

Of course!

Doug,

It turns out that, even though I personally designed those new windows, I did not have space between it and the working counter, to move around freely.....and it's in the way!

It's one of the practical limitations of making the design to fit a modern kitchen, rather than cater to my considerations for freedom of camera position for photography. At least I got to have the new tall windows, I had dreamed of for so many years, to make that counter a naturally lit space for shooting flowers and models!

There's such a steep angles of the light beams entering the room and back-illuminating the flowers. So I have to crouch low frame this picture, (if I want the morning sun, itself to build the lighting).

This results in a severely perspective-distorted image with converging parallel lines. These are corrected in Photoshop CC and the image rotated to have the water level. Then, the actual light levels of each component of the image must be adjusted so everything appears normally lit and modeled without completely black shadows or specular heighlights on fruit of the counter.

In the studio, if I had a backlit setup with a free standing window, (what a great idea), I could make such a shot, after hours of planning for the first shot) in 10 seconds flat, every time.

Of course.

Best regards,

Doug