• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Chiaroscuro Collection

James Lemon

i-MVsp7gG-L.jpg

i-Rp8vhLg-L.jpg

i-SrbHVHB-L.jpg

i-SWfwMpR-L.jpg

i-9NRW3ZR-L.jpg

i-TFfX42P-L.jpg

James Lemon

Chiaroscuro is an excellent title for this and exactly what this wonderful collection portrays so well.

I am delighted you put it all together!

Asher

Peter, Asher

Thanks for your comments and encouragement! I will try to add to the collection but not anytime soon. My schedule will eat up most of my waking hours for a long while with few opportunities for pictures.

Best, regards
James

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
i-MVsp7gG-L.jpg

This first one was not my favorite as the one below simply mesmerized me and I was so diverted that I didn’t pay enough attention the first several visits.

It grows on me, as there is so much “missing”, hidden in shadows, that now make the image intriguing.

“Incompleteness” can actually be a generous gift tobthe art lover as it allows us to arrive each different day “primes” with new ideas, concerns and necessities, all of which can modulate and guide us, as we explore the unknown. So this first picture now gets my highest rating.

This one below, James, as you know is the one that prompted me to ask for a series with the chiaroscuro esthetics.

i-SWfwMpR-L.jpg

I like the solitude here and the mood.

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Much appreciated Asher! Sometimes small treasures can be found in simple gestures and life's pleasures.

James,

We need that exta effort you committed yourself to, as it’s the essence of the best work here. What you do to excel for your own joy, is the best addition for us too!

No matter how pressed a photographer is with family and getting the leaking roof or radiator fixed, done let a week go by without one picture you can treasure for ever.

Amongst us, there’s at least a few who’s work folk will discuss for generations.

I just want to have known them all!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Another fine picture. I commend the diagonal line of the red basket handles parallels to the line between the woman approaching the shirt hanging before her!

What I see is so helpful in making the image so strong, is the value of black in isolating the key features, even tough the lens could easily get all the bg clutter included.

“Darkness”, as opposed to “Bokeh” is so effective!

Asher

James Lemon

Another fine picture. I commend the diagonal line of the red basket handles parallels to the line between the woman approaching the shirt hanging before her!

What I see is so helpful in making the image so strong, is the value of black in isolating the key features, even tough the lens could easily get all the bg clutter included.

“Darkness”, as opposed to “Bokeh” is so effective!

Asher

Thank you for your input Asher!

I was intrigued by the high quality baskets. Although I am bit perplexed as to what folks do with them in these modern times. I cant image anyone using them to pack groceries from the store, or fruit,vegetables from the garden? Maybe a romantic picnic on a warm summer day under a large shade tree?

Best, regards
James

Asher Kelman

.......I was intrigued by the high quality baskets. Although I am bit perplexed as to what folks do with them in these modern times. I cant image anyone using them to pack groceries from the store, or fruit,vegetables from the garden? Maybe a romantic picnic on a warm summer day under a large shade tree?

Well James,

Your suggestion is so romantic and gentlemanly!

I think folk will use them for all the diapers and baby food one has to schlepp around. In my house they would hold magazines.. at least the one’s we allow the kids to look at!

Asher