• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Candles and other things

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Whenever we travel, Christine seems to spend quite a bit of her time popping in and out of churches.
I thought it might be due to a kidney problem or a bladder irritation, so this trip I inquired into her well being.
"Just lighting a candle", she responded thoughtfully.
"Don't they have electricity?"I asked, showing my usual concern for mankind.
"It's for my Dad" she replied.
"He's dead. Are they trying to revive him?". I was becoming more concerned. Wellbeing is fine; resurrection is another thing.
"It's a leftover from my catholic days I can't shake." She quivered as a dog might when discarding water from its fir.

_DSF8477

by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

"I didn't know you were a catholic once". I stepped back a bit for fear of catching something.
"My parent's were, and I was brought up in a catholic environment".
"I hope you haven't told any of our friends." My concern was now coming home to roost. "What changed your mind - if you can do that sort of thing, being a catholic and all?".
"It was beaten out of me'"
"what? Who? That first husband of yours, the bastard?"
"No. The nuns"
"Oh, good thing then, eh, sort of."

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Whenever we travel, Christine seems to spend quite a bit of her time popping in and out of churches.
I thought it might be due to a kidney problem or a bladder irritation, so this trip I inquired into her well being.
"Just lighting a candle", she responded thoughtfully.
"Don't they have electricity?"I asked, showing my usual concern for mankind.
"It's for my Dad" she replied.
"He's dead. Are they trying to revive him?". I was becoming more concerned. Wellbeing is fine; resurrection is another thing.
"It's a leftover from my catholic days I can't shake." She quivered as a dog might when discarding water from its fir.

_DSF8477

by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

"I didn't know you were a catholic once". I stepped back a bit for fear of catching something.
"My parent's were, and I was brought up in a catholic environment".
"I hope you haven't told any of our friends." My concern was now coming home to roost. "What changed your mind - if you can do that sort of thing, being a catholic and all?".
"It was beaten out of me'"
"what? Who? That first husband of yours, the bastard?"
"No. The nuns"
"Oh, good thing then, eh, sort of."

Too real and pretty well sums up current history!

Well then, Tom, looks like she needs to visit the nuns again and get a refresher course!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
One thing is certain, when I hear these and other stories, Asher, it reaffirms that ideals can't be beaten into or out of people. People must come to their own conclusions in the peace and tranquility of their own thoughts, knowledge and an environment that allows such peace to exist without fear or favour.

In my ageing years I fear that such a place is hard to find.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
One thing is certain, when I hear these and other stories, Asher, it reaffirms that ideals can't be beaten into or out of people. People must come to their own conclusions in the peace and tranquility of their own thoughts, knowledge and an environment that allows such peace to exist without fear or favour.

In my ageing years I fear that such a place is hard to find.

I wish it could be beaten out of folk. Unfortunately one has to kill all the people and even then someone else could be already infected. just one could spread these infectious memes and the ideas regenerate and imprison another 50 million people for another 2,00 years1.

What we need is universal education to immunize us. But we w'll blow ourselves up in the name of God well before that!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Tom

Very nice composition- I see Dante's Inferno! Really like all the metaphors one can come up with in this photo.. I just love Metaphor in art.

Charlotte-