• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Can't access Epson B&W printing settings, CS5 Mac 10.6.8

I'm printing on an Epson 7900 I just got a few months ago. Mac Pro, 10.6.8, 14 GB, PS CS5. When I first set it up I could access the Epson black and white print settings (I just looked at them, but didn't print), but now I can't - when I choose "printer manages color" the print settings button doesn't respond. Don't know if a system security update broke this or what (I didn't try getting back into these settings until recently).

My web research so far has found a few others with the same problem, but no definitive solution. I've tried the suggestions I've found: reinstalling all the latest Epson software (Epson says it's an Adobe problem), and tossing my Photoshop preferences. No go.

I haven't actually printed with the Epson B&W settings, but want to try it out. The B&W I've done using the color inks have come out great, so I'm not too bothered, but would like to resolve this and see if I can get even better results. I'd love to hear from anyone who does use this method if they think it is significantly better and why.

mtbakerfrompilchuck.jpg

Mt. Baker & Tree​

Cheers, Jim