• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sorry

James Lemon

i-CQW6L5h-L.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, James,
A wonderful shot. The "SORRY" on the storefront windows stands out so nicely. I at first assumed it was the name of a boutique, casting a lovely thread of subtle mystery on the shot. Who might be sorry for what . . .

But then I try to read the smaller lettering beneath. It almost looks as if the second line contains " . . . most horrible country." And I can imagine the first line as containing " . . .celebrating (sorry) 150 years of Canada . . .".

So it would be fascinating to learn what that really is all about.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

James Lemon

Hi, James,

A wonderful shot. The "SORRY" on the storefront windows stands out so nicely. I at first assumed it was the name of a boutique, casting a lovely thread of subtle mystery on the shot. Who might be sorry for what . . .

But then I try to read the smaller lettering beneath. It almost looks as if the second line contains " . . . most horrible country." And I can imagine the first line as containing " . . .celebrating (sorry) 150 years of Canada . . .".

So it would be fascinating to learn what that really is all about.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

James,

One of your best! This has life! I thought the dmsorry was for your glimpse of the girl!

You are right. This is what was there. You created something that will lady out of something transient, a great moment.

Asher

Doug ,Asher

Glad you enjoyed the image ... thanks for taking the time to comment! Yes Canada was celebrating it's 150 year birthday. I am not sure of the purpose of the Sorry sign but it refers to humble country.

I really get a kick out of the little boy. His behavior can be found in all walks of life, young and old.

James

Jarmo Juntunen

I really get a kick out of the little boy. His behavior can be found in all walks of life, young and old.

James

So do I, Jim! I'm never too old to glance back at delicious, um, ice cream. Like Dr Feelgood said it, "I was looking back to see is she was looking back to see if I was looking back at her" :-D

Seriously, a thoroughly enjoyable street scene. Thank you.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I

James,

So many layers discovered in a millisecond impulsive snap!

It's a paradox that we still manage, somehow, to "read" your photograph fairly well, without an insightful guide!

Well, it could be that the reader is not as important as the vision captured, as all of us have managed to score above an "B+" in this exercise!

In fact I bet I could still read this picture stoned!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
LOL. That is what I was thinking too. An older fellow glancing back would be at the girl ----- but the little kid surely only noticed the chocolate sundae (or whatever it is). Nice capture.

Hmm!

?

I think that kid might be more aware than you imagine. I made that mistake with my 5 year old grandson at a model shoot that he watched on the floor with his mother. When he had is mouth wide ope in awe, I assumed it was seeing "Granpa Asher" on a workman's yellow ladder, LOL. Six months later at a Passover Seder, with 30 folk around the table, a little voice from the end of the table asked, "Granpa Asher! Remember when you were on that yellow worker-man's ladder all the way to the ceiling? Well, Granpa Asher, why was the lady on that bed "maked"?

Asher

James Lemon

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! It is a fun photo with a hint of ambiguity as well. I think its best to leave the joy of discovery up to the viewer!

Best, regards
James

Hey James,

This is so wonderful as the picture depicts the moment perfectly. The sorry name of the shop as well the little boy who looks at the lady. Lovely!