• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Edgy Editorial (NSFW partial nude)

Phil Fernandez

been a while... latest shoot I did. I know editorials are suppose to be 6 pics and more...but here is one of them.

c & c appreciated
6935970655_d00e906141_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
been a while... latest shoot I did. I know editorials are suppose to be 6 pics and more...but here is one of them.

c & c appreciated
6935970655_d00e906141_b.jpg

Hi Phil,

Glad to see you here again.

This picture has some immediately interesting characteristics.

• Full hair and face towards us is engaging
  • The two hands form a strong diagonal going up from left to right , an excellent compositional idea
  • Covering most of the front of a nude body provides a challenge to us, but is not offensive to most folk.

What I have questions about are the shadows which might work if the text to go with this balances this and that I doubt. The shadow from her arm is really distracting. Also does her back have to be so rounded? It could be that with the text, it makes perfect sense.

Asher

BTW, why do folk expect at least 6 oils for editorial? How did that come about?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
thanks Asher. No way out on that shadow unless it's PPed out.

Well the shadow behind is removable in less than 5 minutes. However, I'm starting to think, "How would I do that in film?" In that case, if we don't want the shadow, it shouldn't be there in the first place. I get myself into the same bind too often and post processing always rears its ugly head.

Asher

Phil Fernandez

thanks Asher,

that shadow behind her is intentional. It's a trend that you see in high fashion a lot.

About the editorial question.. .I don't know why it has to be six. All I know is that you have to have a bunch of images that tells the whole storie... with similar looks or with the same model.