• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Seoul..how did the X100s do?

fahim mohammed

p412058940-6.jpg

Tom dinning

Registrant*
It does seem that anyone who is anyone has an X mount, even the beloved Leica owners.
What is the world coming to?
I'm enjoying mine so much I feel like I need another one. I have no idea why or what I would o with it that I can't do with the current one. It's probably an attack of capitalist greed.
I think I need to go to Seoul. Meanwhile, Fahim, entice me.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Oh dear! My appetite says yes and my arteries say no. What should I do? Go for a longer life less lived or a shorter one filled with pleasure?
Or just sit here and enjoy the photographs from a safe distance?
For the time being, I'll admire from afar. In a week I'll be eating with the best of them on some island in the Indonesian Archipelago.

fahim mohammed

Tom, I am not in the business of enticing anyone. Like I have said many times before, I have a whole canvas open in front of me.

I just point and shout. Simple.

p609219962-6.jpg

Leica is carried by most, not as a status symbol, or by those that come riding on stallions to save damsels in distress or otherwise. It is, for most, a tool.

Just as the Fuji X100s is a tool. I found it lacking, for me, though.

fahim mohammed

Hello Murray.

Long time. How you keeping?

Quick and precise focus is critical to me. I primarily took the X100s for evening/nighttime use and for the af. I found many images were lost due to mis-focus. And it was slow, when I needed quick focus and shoot situations in dim light. Although, better than the ME that I have, the low light performance left me wanting.

When I had a few seconds, it performed very satisfactorily. And a joy to carry on a journey.

Kindest regards.

Ah, hello Fahim. I have an X100s too. Some wonderful images, I thought. Why did you find it lacking?

Hello Fahim

I'm well. A little busier than I'd like to be but that's self-inflicted and probably a good thing.

I went to India in February with a small Fuji system (X-E2 + 3 lenses + X100s) and I thought the focus was generally OK. I didn't do much street photography at night though this post, for example is mainly at night. I guess it all depends on what you are trying to catch.

It may not be a helpful comment but the X100T is probably better, if only for the X-T1 type screen.

fahim mohammed

Some excellent street in your blog, Murray.
Jodhpur is indeed a colourful place, and you have captured the scenes we'll.

Thanks for sharing.
Stay we'll and warmest regards.