• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Rose

Dr Klaus Schmitt

167681222.sMZgr3U1.Rosa_UV_P1730713_c.jpg

In reflected ultraviolet light...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

167681222.sMZgr3U1.Rosa_UV_P1730713_c.jpg

In reflected ultraviolet light...​

Bravo, Klaus,

A beautiful result with wonderful highlights of silver dust painted by a fine bristle brush of deft angels!

At last, the insect princesses with UV si ul aged vision have a really beautiful flower to admire in lilac! This color becomes ultra-fashionable for women every 15 years or so.

I would love to see roses like this!

Has anyone cultivated such a rose, this color in visible light.

Are there possibilities for further processing this, Klaus, to discover zones of variance of the magenta/purple hue, or this is made from a single monochromatic hue? I was thinking then that the saturation variances could be brought out using some first- or second-derivative function? What PS filter might do that?

When the color is perfectly uniform it departs from biology. What do you think?

Still I love this flower!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thank you Asher! Indeed, a color that is not too oftenb in fashion (I like it...)

Never seen roses like this, but my very first UV shot was a russian rose and it
looked like velvet in UV...

There might be possibilities to process it further, as I might have the RAW version
of this shot, done in color (RGB) using a modified camera (but still not mono).

Last edited: