• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

No Cat Available

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
No Cat was available for the first few shots with my New 5d Mk 2. As a matter of fact, my models were lounging in bed and were in no mood to pose unless I had sufficent Milk Bones available.

I think this will be a really nice camera for my needs once I get used to the new menu and idiosyncracies of a new camera. I hope my old 5d won't mind taking a break now and then. Nice to have two cameras that are closer together in function than the old 20d that might end up as a infrared (as soon as my husband decides to buy himself a 50d)

I am not sure what 100% crop is for those of you who like to measurebate but if you want me to do that I am happy to comply.

This is Gizmo, who, needs his bath but relented to this shot taken with the 50 1.2 at 3200 iso 1/20th @5.6
Tungsten light. Could have been sharper if I had a faster shutter speed...but...this was one of the 1st 10 shots - straight out of the camera and I had to hold a milk bone above his nose to get this . One handed!

466230044_ZmAEn-L.jpg

466230182_F4RHr-L.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

No Cat was available for the first few shots with my New 5d Mk 2. As a matter of fact, my models were lounging in bed and were in no mood to pose unless I had sufficent Milk Bones available.

I think this will be a really nice camera for my needs once I get used to the new menu and idiosyncracies of a new camera. I hope my old 5d won't mind taking a break now and then. Nice to have two cameras that are closer together in function than the old 20d that might end up as a infrared (as soon as my husband decides to buy himself a 50d)

I am not sure what 100% crop is for those of you who like to measurebate but if you want me to do that I am happy to comply.

This is Gizmo, who, needs his bath but relented to this shot taken with the 50 1.2 at 3200 iso 1/20th @5.6
Tungsten light. Could have been sharper if I had a faster shutter speed...but...this was one of the 1st 10 shots - straight out of the camera and I had to hold a milk bone above his nose to get this . One handed!
Hi Kathy,

I can see that your new camera is going to suit you just fine. These are incredibly clean shots at 3200 ISO. Of course, the noise reduction is applied in the camera before writing to jpg and also downsizing for the web takes care noise to an extent. Still, the results are impressive.

My only nagging here is that the camera did not auto wb properly under the tungsten lights of your room. To my recollection, Gizmo looked more like the following :)

WB corrected and added fill light to the left eye (i.e. for the looker; in other words the right eye of Gizmo) - Copyright Kathy Rappaport
kr-edit-2.jpg

Cheers,

Last edited:

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Close

Cem,

Pretty close - Gizmo is a bit more tan in color but the image was RAW and then converted in DPP to JPG without any adjustments.

I have a Valentine's Day shoot tomorrow in studio so I will have some real conditions for testing it.

Thanks for playing.

No Cat was available for the first few shots with my New 5d Mk 2.

Hi Kathy,

Congrats with the new camera. I'm sure you will be able to put it to good use. Make sure you get the camera and lenses calibrated with the AF Microadjustment option. The camera is relentless in showing every flaw in your technique, so do eliminate the autofocus errors.

Your 50mm might need some special treatment, since it is probably not going to be accurate at close distance (due to the interaction of the Sperical Aberration at f/1.2 and the AF sensor which is optimized around f/2.8).

Bart

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Thanks,

Thanks for the tip Bart. I will play with that function later today.

In studio, I use the 24-105 and I will use the old 5d for most of the shoot just to make sure I get it all the way I want it. I am thinking of taking a trip to Canon for adjustment on my 24-70 so maybe I will just pack a big box and hang out all day for some calibration.