• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gear and Gadgets: Questions on choice of the tool for the job and the lke! reccomendations needed

We need a good camera at my work for taking photos of injection molds as well as the parts they produce. If we have a part with a particular problem or manufacturing defect, or a mold that perhaps had an area damaged somehow, and we want to discuss the problem with our home office, we need to take good close up photos that we can send digitally for them to see.

Up until now I have been using my own Nikon D3 and a 105mm macro lens to do this work but do not want to continue using my own personal equipment for work purposes. They have agreed to buy a camera but not a dslr. We need a decent point and shoot type that takes good pictures with good macro capabilities and enough megapixels to get some nice enlarged crops when needed. And we would like to keep the cost around $500 or less. I have been looking around and see a lot of options but thought what better place to ask for help or advice than here at the OPF. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

PS - after my quick look online I came across the Nikon Coolpix P7700 that looked like it might be good enough and only $380. Any thoughts?