• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: The Monk and me...

fahim mohammed

Let me tell you a story.

I wanted to capture the life in a monastery. I was told, I could visit and get some photos.

Would not do for me. I wanted to be with them for at least a couple of days.

Any case, I spent two days with them. Most of the photographs were given to the Head Lama.

I retained a few, with their permission.

Here is one from that retained collection.

p409887303.jpg

In between the Sutras, he asked me how I was finding it.

Basic bed and breakfast, I had said.

I caught him laughing.

Charlotte Thompson

Fahim

well did you come back any more enlightened that's what I wanna know
what a nice smile you caught
he is up town with that microphone
man I want one though people would run screaming LOL

Charlotte-

Mark Hampton

Let me tell you a story.

I wanted to capture the life in a monastery. I was told, I could visit and get some photos.

Would not do for me. I wanted to be with them for at least a couple of days.

Any case, I spent two days with them. Most of the photographs were given to the Head Lama.

I retained a few, with their permission.

Here is one from that retained collection.

p409887303.jpg

In between the Sutras, he asked me how I was finding it.

Basic bed and breakfast, I had said.

I caught him laughing.

Fahim,

in general photography pisses me off (which is funny cause I love it - go figure) but sometimes your pictures catch me... i dont smile but laugh...

cheers for that and this...

I find it strange how the poor recording of light - transmitted has this power to connect - and I don't believe there is anything of the scene left in the image other than a measure (poorly) of the light bouncing around at the time..

this is made not caught...

fahim mohammed

Fahim,

in general photography pisses me off (which is funny cause I love it - go figure) but sometimes your pictures catch me... i dont smile but laugh...

cheers for that and this...

I find it strange how the poor recording of light - transmitted has this power to connect - and I don't believe there is anything of the scene left in the image other than a measure (poorly) of the light bouncing around at the time..

this is made not caught...

Mark, thank you. Isn't that what a part of life should be. We share and maybe laugh together.

Stay well and happy.

fahim mohammed

Fahim

well did you come back any more enlightened that's what I wanna know
what a nice smile you caught
he is up town with that microphone
man I want one though people would run screaming LOL

Charlotte-

Charlotte, thank you so much for the kind words.

Enlightened ? No.

Enriched ? Very much so.

Kindest regards.