• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pizza and a drink

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Some shots with my 1930's ernst leitz wetzlar summar lens on my X-E2 while in CO out for pizza and a drink.

Roger,

I presume that the last one was shot wide open at f2.0. Is this the particular charecteristic you like especially, the out of focus shiny ball effects?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yes , and yes and the overall rendered effect the picture has. It's a retro look I enjoy.

One of the great difficulties I have with the really excellent lenses is that we lose so much character with even illumination and contrast! It's really better sometimes to have built in "character", essentially imperfect imaging to some extent!

Asher

Roger Lund

One of the great difficulties I have with the really excellent lenses is that we lose so much character with even illumination and contrast! It's really better sometimes to have built in "character", essentially imperfect imaging to some extent!

Asher

I agree with that.