Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Photojournalism - Street - Documentary

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 12th, 2017, 06:41 PM
James Lemon James Lemon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,527
Default Triptych





Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old September 13th, 2017, 01:51 AM
Antonio Correia Antonio Correia is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Setubal - Portugal
Posts: 2,677
Default

Well... indeed a surprising triptych reminding us of some years ago ambiance.

It makes us to think what has happened to the lady.

Perhaps she received a sad phone call when her husband was on the way out...
__________________
All the best to you !
António Correia
+351 969 067 950 / +(415) 625 3427 Images
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 13th, 2017, 09:09 AM
Asher Kelman Asher Kelman is offline
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 32,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lemon View Post




James,

You have got us!

I wonder when this was taken! Is this in grandma's house, but then would such a TV set still work, LOL or is it on the sets of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California?

Asher
__________________
Follow us on Twitter at @opfweb

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 13th, 2017, 04:04 PM
James Lemon James Lemon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
Well... indeed a surprising triptych reminding us of some years ago ambiance.

It makes us to think what has happened to the lady.

Perhaps she received a sad phone call when her husband was on the way out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
James,

You have got us!

I wonder when this was taken! Is this in grandma's house, but then would such a TV set still work, LOL or is it on the sets of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California?

Asher
Antonio, Asher

I rented this apartment underneath a bowling alley some 37 years ago and this was how it was decorated. The reception is better on clear days but I only get one channel.

Best, regards
James
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 13th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Roshni Patel Roshni Patel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 48
Default

The old times B&W shots are very much different and the ambience which is used to be part of those times were very much peaceful. This is what actually seems to be present with this image which I loved. Great Shot!
__________________
Auto Stamper
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 15th, 2017, 01:49 PM
James Lemon James Lemon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshni Patel View Post
The old times B&W shots are very much different and the ambience which is used to be part of those times were very much peaceful. This is what actually seems to be present with this image which I loved. Great Shot!
Thank you for comments Roshni... I do like your description of the image!

Best, regards
James
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Triptych of a City-scape Tracy Lebenzon Panorama Photography: Vistas, Interiors & Objects 7 January 25th, 2012 02:00 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Posting images or text grants license to OPF, yet © of such remain with its creator. Still, all assembled discussion © 2006-2017 Asher Kelman (all rights reserved) Posts with new theme or unusual image might be moved/copied to a new thread!