• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Thought for the day.

fahim mohammed

From where I am.....

Heavily plagurized.

Ayesha ( to her son Mohammed )
I fought with death when I was giving birth to you.
I spent countless nights when you were sick and in pain.
I never ate without feeding you first.
I bore hardships and pain to bring you to the stage that you are in today.

How will you repay me my child?

Mohammed:
When I grow up and become a consultant intervetionalist radiologist,
I shall have a good job, earn enough money to provide you with things you desired and couldn't afford.

Ayesha:
Your father has done that already and I never expect this from you too. By the time you are earning I shall be old and not be in need of material luxuries.

Mohammed:
I shall find and marry a lady, who shall take care of you in your old age.

Ayesha:
That is not her duty my son. And neither should you marry for that reason. It is not expected of her to do any service for me.
Your marriage should be for the two of you. A companion and a comfort for each other as both of you travel the journey of life.

Mohammed:
Tell me mom, what is expected of me. Command and I shall obey.

Ayesha:
( with tears in her eyes ). Visit or call me often.
I only require this much from you while I am alive.
And when I die, give me your shoulder and bury me.
And always pray for my forgiveness.

Ayesha:
Fahim, what did your mother ask of you.

Fahim:
Visit or call her often. Carry her to the grave and bury her.
And pray for her forgiveness.

Fahim:
Mohammed, what do you expect from your child?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

One is blessed to have a loving family. You have that!

It requires a lot of giving but that is where much of the joy comes from, seeing others develop and reach their potential too.

Most families have to depend on their children to help support them. So we few are privileged! Fortunately, we get to see more than just a glimpse of all the miracles. Some see just tragedy.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Doug, thanks for dropping by.

Asher.
The message I took from the dialogue
Had nothing to do with material wealth.

Strange, how 2 people interpret the same
Reading.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Asher.
The message I took from the dialogue
Had nothing to do with material wealth.

Strange, how 2 people interpret the same
Reading.

True, but you did allude to material wealth very clearly, but Ayesha taught him that what was needed was more spiritual!

"Mohammed:
When I grow up and become a consultant intervetionalist radiologist,
I shall have a good job, earn enough money to provide you with things you desired and couldn't afford.

Ayesha:
Your father has done that already and I never expect this from you too. By the time you are earning I shall be old and not be in need of material luxuries."

Spiritual caring is highlighted by putting aside worldly material things as these are already taken care of. But material resources are an essential base on which, perhaps, even angels need to walk!

In any case, the sentiments expressed represent the highest values and I am so appreciative that you and Ayesha have such joy!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, I just wanted to highlight the unfortunate ( to me ) erosion of some values held dear by a previous generation.
Being replaced by the notion that material possessions, while necessary to some limited extent, are a substitute for the core values that should be preserved in all cultures and societies.

p.s Humans have a choice. Angels don't. How we, humans, exercise our choice sets us far apart from Angels.