• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

hi, i'm new...

Paul Gorr

just wanted to say hello...

and i figure i may as well include a couple of pics :)

4a4ae3a44dd51.jpg

4b7f8c6ed8277.jpg

4b281b2cea99e.jpg

4ac399ca9cf44.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Paul,

With these pictures, we definitely notice your arrival! Welcome! One special thing of OPF is tht we try to give feedback which is useful to both the original photographer and also others who are following. Here we have a lot of images and it's hard to pick out features to comment on as there are so many unrelated ideas going on. Of course, everything is glamor but not every thing is equally constructed. If you want to take one set at a time, we can manage to give this a go.

Asher

Asher Kelman

So let's start with this set as they represent the most consistently thought out wardrobe and look for the 4 shoots shown.

4a4ae3a44dd51.jpg

Asher

Hi and welcome.
It would be better to number the images.
Love the first one and several other ones, but somehow number one really jumps out to me.
Wonderful work.

Paul Gorr

thank you for the welcome, Asher... and i will try to keep it to one pic at a time next time :)

and thank you, Frank... just said hello to you on mm :)

Asher Kelman

Paul,

Feel encouraged! Frank like the images and that means a lot! You can post 4 images of the same or related matters and then we can focus or discussion. If you want, just start a new thread if you think this one is too complicated.

Asher

Bobby Deal

Hi Welcome to OPF, your work is beautiful and glamourous

Here are my first impression thoughts of the 1st set

Lovely model, very beautiful with a relaxed demeanor that leaves her very approcahable. I am a big fan of the Laddie style which your lighting exhibits here quite nicely and while I also am a proponent of breaking rules and creative crops I feel like the only real detractors in this set is the crops and maybe some minor adjustments to the poses.

#1 Shot just a few MM wider gives you a beautiful full body shot, to me I see no compositional advantage to cropping the hand, the knee, the head and the foot. I can see recomposing and cutting the hand at the wrist but the middle of the fingers really does not work so well for me.

Another option would have been to alter her pose ever so slightly, simply rolling the hips toward the lens a bit would have brought the feet down and the knee up then sliding the hand up to the top of the table and just curling the edge of the top with the finger tips would have brought the full hand in. Of course these are minor aesthetic options that while they would work to my eye might not to the next guy but for me as it is the eye simply is given too many opportunities to exit the image at the crop points as they break the line and flow of the image.

# 2 again I would have gone just a touch wider and included the full breast.

#3 Gorgeous shot but the loss of the top of the mask is too me a significant loss as the mask is an important element in the shot. Introducing a prop that is so elegant and eye catching and then cropping it as you have simply does not provide an advantage that I can see and if anything it distracts me.

#4 Simply stunning but again such a small crop that gives no real advantage. For me the crop should direct the eye and entice to continue to explore what the image has to offer but when it does not offer this advantage it only invites me to exit the image and move on to the next.

Again here I would have had the model roll her hips toward the lens to continue the curve and add additional depth and dimension to the image.

I know these are all small points but to me it is the small details that can have the greatest impact on the effectiveness of an image. These are the details that separate nice pictures from exceptional images. Sadly I find it is often easier for me to spot the small details after the fact as I personally have to remind myself to slow down, come out of the view finder and look for those details on an all to regular basis.

I look forward to seeing more of your work

Joe Thomas

Those are absolutely gorgeous. And I love the processing on them. And the style looked vaguely familiar and I started to wonder where I have seen it before. And then I remembered modelmayhem. :) I've been fan of your's on there for a while. Great work.