• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Football on the Streets

Robert Watcher

My friend from Sweden and I were walking a back street in Nicaragua, when we came across a group of young boys playing soccer (football) on the street. Marcus immediately joined in and showed them some fancy European Footwork. They loved it, and took it as a challenge to show how determined they were to risk shin and bone to get the ball away from him. The onlookers found it so amusing as well. At the end there were high-5's for all.

All images taken with Olympus E-PL3 and 14-42 kit lens - using Shutter Priority at 1/500'th second and Auto ISO

A few more are posted at Google +

20130201-162313.jpg

20130201-162306.jpg

20130201-162431.jpg

20130201-162418.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My friend from Sweden and I were walking a back street in Nicaragua, when we came across a group of young boys playing soccer (football) on the street. Marcus immediately joined in and showed them some fancy European Footwork. They loved it, and took it as a challenge to show how determined they were to risk shin and bone to get the ball away from him. The onlookers found it so amusing as well. At the end there were high-5's for all.

All images taken with Olympus E-PL3 and 14-42 kit lens - using Shutter Priority at 1/500'th second and Auto ISO

A few more are posted at

Google +

20130201-162306.jpg

20130201-162431.jpg

20130201-162418.jpg

Robert,

I like the sequence as it shows more than the soccer but also the community involvement. I hope you'll leave copies for them.

Robert Watcher

I agree Asher. It was fun watching the expressions of the people sitting by their homes and looking on from their doorways. I intend to make several prints and take them back next time I'm in that community.

---