• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The artists canvas

Tom dinning

Registrant*
The following photo is of a place that haunts me.
It's in the middle of Darwin, acting as a boundary to the Artists and Writers Centre in Frog Hollow.
Please assure me this is a work of art I have photographed.
If it is not, why isn't it. I don't mean for you to justify your position. I just don't understand how such a large space in such a place could remain untouched beyond the constructs of the concreter and painter who chose a fairly innocuous gray to cover what appears to be an entry to another world.
Any right minded graffiti artist would have seen this as an opportunity. Even a wrong mind, drug fuelled, petrol sniffing teenager would have pissed up it.
I asked the artist in residence about it
"What wall?" he said.
Is it just too big to see, perhaps?

What would you do with such a wall. In an art centre.

_DSF3174 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

Wolfgang Plattner

... I just don't understand how such a large space in such a place could remain untouched beyond the constructs of the concreter and painter who chose a fairly innocuous gray to cover what appears to be an entry to another world.

... maybe they feel the Force of Art ...