• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sony Artisan Calibration question

Paul Caldwell

I have been using a Sony Artisan monitor for almost 3 years now. Currently under XP professional.

There have not been any issues with this monitor until last night. While attempting to calibrate it, I kept getting an error, " the ambient room light was too bright". This error would come up during the first part of the calibraiton, right after the monitor goes totally black, (briefly powers off, then comes back on).

When mine came back on each time, I would get the error on too much light.

I had the room totally black, so there really was no other light besides that being put out by the monitor.

I finally got a calibration done but only after moving the sypder's USB port a few times.

I did upgrade to the 1.2.5 version of the software but that really didn't seem to help.

Has anyone else seen this? and if so is it a sign that the system is starting to fail. I still have 6 months left on the warranty so would like to get some feedback.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell