• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Vintage Processing Analog or Digtal Simulation

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We've forgotton such a lot of fine approaches to imaging. The first 100 years allowed photographers to work in so many light-sensitvie media that have been mostly washed away from our consciousness by the razmataz of easy to achieve mgnificent color images.

Still, it's feasable today to pay homage to effects that were enjoyed 50 and 100 years ago or more.

So here's hte challenge. Re work you favorite pictures using digital technioques to reproduce the sense of the precious media that have moved beyond the reaches of most of us.

Of course, anyone who can produce a cyanotype, albumin print or any other genuine analog form, show it here.

Asher

Asher Kelman

My first contribution is of a tree that is the turning point for walkers in Holmby Park. At this point, if one needs to stretch, here's the place, or if one has to stop at a restroom the buddy waits here.

_DSF1114-From RAW TPZ_Alb_ChocDynamicchocolate_1200.jpg

Asher Kelman: Way Point
Holmby Park, California, January 2018

Fuji GFX 32-64 F4.0
Photoshop CC from RAW
Topaz Analog Effects - Albumin
Chocolate Dynamic

Please join me in this homage and exploration of old patinas and presentations.

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Love it love it!!! The shadows are stunning that round the front!! The shadows to the right side and shadows under the full of the tree are well done Asher ! I love the sepia approach to this- It lends itself sweetly to vintage photos- Well done Asher

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

Asher

Love it love it!!! The shadows are stunning that round the front!! The shadows to the right side and shadows under the full of the tree are well done Asher ! I love the sepia approach to this- It lends itself sweetly to vintage photos- Well done Asher

Charlotte-

Thanks so much Charlotte for the visit and kind words. I think it's helpful to get out of our comfort zone and visit other parts of the universe!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Absolutely- Also sometimes the comfort zone becomes extraordinarily wrong and then becomes too unreal and badly managed . This is beautiful
C-

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

my contribute:

this in a very old cultural and industrial aera of northern Italy, with numbers of channels and different waterways between Bologna, Padova and the delta of the river Po.
Since the seventies all those works, ships, carriages and of course the trades and crafts have vanished. Only the waterways, sheds, houses and castles remained ...

Autumn in the Saccisica by Wolfgang Plattner, on Flickr
Fuji X-T2, XF18-55mm
Capture One, Photoshop and textures by Photomorphis​

Asher Kelman

Hi

my contribute:

this in a very old cultural and industrial aera of northern Italy, with numbers of channels and different waterways between Bologna, Padova and the delta of the river Po.
Since the seventies all those works, ships, carriages and of course the trades and crafts have vanished. Only the waterways, sheds, houses and castles remained ...

Fuji X-T2, XF18-55mm

This is a fabulous sight and construction that fits the subject and topic of lost skills, passion and self worth, ascif a beautiful cloud was cleaned away by the einfmd.

I love the texture and will look it up.

Asher

Jerome Marot

Hi

my contribute:

Fuji X-T2, XF18-55mm

This is very nice, although since the image is an edited fiction anyway I would have removed the high power line. I would leave the low power one only.

Asher Kelman

This is very nice, although since the image is an edited fiction anyway I would have removed the high power line. I would leave the low power one only.

An eye for detail and I concur. Why didn't eye think of that! It is a very good move as it removes unneeded junk and distraction.

But it does represent the overwhelming footprint of industrial technology!

Still, a simpler version is a more idyllic way of paying respect to the artisans who have vanished!

Asher

Jerome Marot

The post processing makes the image appear to have been taken a long time ago. What I meant is that this kind of towers were not common at the time the image appears to be set.

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Jerome,

you are an idealist ... but I agree with you, the obviously high(?) powerline is a bit irritating.
On the other hand this shot may have been taken in the very very early sixties and found in a decent rotten leather box of genuine toscanian leatherbag from the twenties near this old shed ...

Asher Kelman

Let me show once again the wonderful benefit of exploring filters to simulate vintage analog processes we lack skills in today!

Chef's_Demonstration_color.jpg

Asher Kelman: "The Chef Demonstration"

Il fornaio, Beverly Hills, California 2014

Ricoh GR Panorama

As stitched

Chef's_Demonstration_B&W.jpg

Asher Kelman: "The Chef Demonstration"

Il fornaio, Beverly Hills, California 2014

Ricoh GR Panorama

Wet Plate Simulation

Asher

Asher Kelman