• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tawny-bellied Hermit

Peter Dexter

...from a visit this morning with beak covered in pollen.

39403448735_d7da5a588f_b.jpg

fahim mohammed

Peter, this is good. Very good. But must require a lot of patience to capture them with your camera?
Or are they common?

Best.

Peter Dexter

Thank you Fahim. Yes it does. You have to sit by some flowers you know they are going to visit within the next hour or so. They have been described as "trapline" feeders.

Gorgeous Peter. Your hummingbirds are amazing. We have hummingbirds here but only the ruby throats, I believe. Nothing like the variety you shoot and I don't have a lens long enough to get any fabulous photos like this, so I find it even more cool that you share yours. :) Maggie