• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Different View

James Lemon

i-tq89FTR-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

This is far more dramatic as you have almost the entire pancake cloud covering the scene and the ? stadium on the right.

I think a slightly wider lens would simply ace the shot!

I am learning some interesting geography from your enjoyable photography!

Asher

James Lemon

This is far more dramatic as you have almost the entire pancake cloud covering the scene and the ? stadium on the right.

I think a slightly wider lens would simply ace the shot!

I am learning some interesting geography from your enjoyable photography!

Asher

Hello Asher

Thank you for your feedback! The stadium on the right is BC place a huge structure built some time ago with an inflatable roof. The roof collapsed a few years ago and was fixed at a cost of about 900 million. The stadium lights up at night and changes colors.

You may be right about using a wider lense. A 35 is a bit tight for architecture but I don't feel the need to capture whole stadium.

James

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello Asher

Thank you for your feedback! The stadium on the right is BC place a huge structure built some time ago with an inflatable roof. The roof collapsed a few years ago and was fixed at a cost of about 900 million. The stadium lights up at night and changes colors.

You may be right about using a wider lense. A 35 is a bit tight for architecture but I don't feel the need to capture whole stadium.

James

Well, one thing I have noticed is that it is generally bad, compositionally, to cut off a glorious cloud. The latter are God-given magical decorations that the eye wants to get entirely. Here you had a once in a thousand opportunity to perfectly balance the scene below with the most fabulous sky.

Next time, please take 2 or three overlapping shots and send them to me for stitching as I would consider it a pleasure and honor!

I sometimes routinely overlap up to 120 or more adjacent fields with my one 50 mm lens I have on my walking around camera. In that case, I could face 2-10 hours of careful photoshop work dealing with multiple minor errors in stitching, but with a 35mm lens, 3 shots would have aced this scenecand the corrections would be likely zero as the scene is far away over the water and there are no parallax challenges.

So if you can, when fate gives you such a cloud overhead and a magnificent vista of the inlet below, think of Asher and take 3 overlapping shots, just for me!

Asher

One thing is for sure, the sky makes this image.. and the reflection of it makes it even more outstanding. Imagine this image with a cloudless sky; would not move us anywhere as much as this treasure! :) Maggie

James Lemon

One thing is for sure, the sky makes this image.. and the reflection of it makes it even more outstanding. Imagine this image with a cloudless sky; would not move us anywhere as much as this treasure! :) Maggie

Thanks for your feedback Maggie... much appreciated!

James