• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Requiem æternam dona eis, Domine

Charlotte Thompson

While waiting for morning to become.

soon a river ever played and runs
as moon face sighs its canticle tear
a cat walks to its fur
the flesh is so in smile
the lightness of fog in blankets
we ate dewberries so covered our bodies
that God could not find us
we
pray alone in sacred hidings-​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
While waiting for morning to become.

Dear Charlotte,

For a moment, I was admiring your fluency to compose poetics in ancient Latin. Then I suspected that this could be some modified introitus to a Catholic Proper for the deceased! Now I see that this is actually a quote from standard Catholic memorial service, The Requiem, to calm and sanctify the souls of the newly departed.

Well, I have now learned a little more and am enlightened! All this is absent in the upbringing of an ordinary Jewish boy brought up with chulant, challah, chicken soup and ever suffering mothers!

Certainly, your quote is apt to accompany this new image of yours. But is the image itself too flattened and lacking the bite and finality of death? To me it seems that you have created a comfortable softness that accepts death as a blanket, rather than the cruel blow of the scythe!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Charlotte,

This poem is harder for me to understand. Of course I am intrigued as I know from the outset that your mind is able to leap across classifications of subjects and parameters that librarians meticulously separate, one from another, to maintain sense of languqge

"soon a river ever played and runs
a cat walks to its fur
the flesh is so in smile
we ate dewberries so covered our bodies
we
pray alone in sacred hidings-​

The last words,

"we ate dewberries so covered our bodies
we
pray alone in sacred hidings-"​

have immediate accessable meaning to me, allowing me to conjure up an image of hiding from God, perhaps as Cain attempted after slaying his brother, Abel.

The rest of your poem is, thus far, still beyond my deciphering.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Thanks for coming by! Death to me is relative to life and I feel no fear of it. It borders all life between the living and the dying and the dead or they that have left for where or not...no person knows. Certainly Sister H. comes to always haunt me- The visual is one of living faith without a real guide book.

as for my write I describe how morning wakes how life still pulses while others are dying. The fundamental bravery of mankind! and to hide from God is a personal place of within....which really means "My God" My way"

"soon a river ever played and runs
a cat walks to its fur
the flesh is so in smile

merely describes in poetic free verse "how the morning starts from dark to bare light of day
how I watched the cat move into it fur... how the moon cried to leave its night for day
... the flesh of me smiled to this...while the fog still blankets.. How everything is a beautiful Requiem'

So that's my story and I'm sticking' to it.

C.

Asher Kelman

Thanks Charlotte for the now lucid account of your verses!

I still would like an element with more contrast, defined color or bite as another feature to this picture. If however, it is finished, then let it be!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher
Perhaps the visual would look multifaceted if you viewed it in residence/ Here are a few.

p/center]

Yes, Charlotte,

You are correct! The image stands out very well in the context of its location and lighting on the wall. The second picture over the bed is the strongest.

Are they the same or variants?

Asher​

Charlotte Thompson

Asher
They are the same! Yes I agree because of the colors both are matched exactly. Some years ago I worked for the very high end furniture store in Houston.. Noel... designer for in house sales. So I am very familiar with combinations and color and placement.

Asher Kelman

Asher
They are the same! Yes I agree because of the colors both are matched exactly. Some years ago I worked for the very high end furniture store in Houston.. Noel... designer for in house sales. So I am very familiar with combinations and color and placement.

That shows how critical for expression the final location and lighting can be!

The two places are unique milieux and the second one seems so much more powerful!

The direction and color of incident light could well be very different.

Asher

Jerome Marot

Charlotte, I don't comment on every picture, but I am amazed by what you are doing. That image is particularly strong.

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

I always visualize a perfect place for these visuals. It does make a big difference in showing the expression of such.

Jerome

Thank you! If you pair a good visual with the perfect surroundings it could be called "a marriage" it works toward achievement of both .

Paul Abbott

I take it that these interiors are fictitious? It's quite an interesting thing to do and obviously works in giving some idea of the emotional space that is needed for these works to be displayed in...Nice one.