• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Portfolio Critique

fahim mohammed

Hello Annie.

Let me welcome you to OPF.

There are some excellent photogs around here, who shall gladly help you in your photographic efforts.

I have had a brief look at the link you have provided.

Let's give a little time for others to familiarize themselves with your work too.

Once again, a big welcome to OPF.

Regards.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here is the link to my portfolio. I'm a new photographer, and I'd love any advice you may have for me. Thanks so much! :D

http://filterfoundry.com/anniejohnson/1228/annie-s-photos/

Hi Annie,

Welcome to OPF. Your portfolio is in an interesting place, full of talented graphic artists, 3 D modelers and Maya experts! Do you also have such stratospheric skills? Your pictures are certainly fun and I recognize most of the place in Los Angeles. Is that your base? You show are interesting street images, some quite unique.

Before critiquing your portfolio, I'd need to know what it's for, as the term applies to an artists body of work related to getting some job. There's a remarkable Architectural Photographer who makes the most magnificent photographs of new city centers and sky high ambitious edifices all over the world. When he goes on holiday he takes with a snapshot digicam and does his art with that, all out of focus.

So when I look at your pictures, I feel I need to know more about your photography as I have no basis for giving feedback based on the position you place yourself as a photographer.

Do you mean, "These are some of my pictures" or "This is my portfolio to get more work or sell my services" The term portfolio is intended to cover an edited collection of your work to show prospective clients your style, technique, sensibilities and range of interests.

Kind wishes,

Asher