• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Looking for Speed Graphic 4x5

Hi!

I'm a student from Sweden looking for a Speed Graphic 4x5 at a resonable price. Ended up here were i saw people talking about members having Graflex's they maybe want to part with? Someone mentioned a guy named Will?

I've gotten really interested in testing out LF and especially the Speed Graphic and it's focal plane-shutter. So if you have something you would consider selling, please feel free to present to me an offer :)

All the best
D.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi!

I'm a student from Sweden looking for a Speed Graphic 4x5 at a resonable price. Ended up here were i saw people talking about members having Graflex's they maybe want to part with? Someone mentioned a guy named Will?

I've gotten really interested in testing out LF and especially the Speed Graphic and it's focal plane-shutter. So if you have something you would consider selling, please feel free to present to me an offer :)

All the best
D.

Daniel,

Welcome to OPF!

Will Thompson's the fellow! I know him well and he is reliable. He generally has several 4x5 cameras to sell. Do you really need a focal plane shutter as the Crown Graphic is also a stellar camera that's easy to use and not expensive.

Send him a PM and if you need help after that, let me know!

Good luck!

Asher

Thanks for your quick reply! :)

We'll I've done a lot of research, and the thing I'd like to do is experiment and try out things with old and obscure lenses. So I've really gotten hung up on the Speed Graphic :) Sound crazy?

So I can just PM Will and ask him if he's got any stuff for sale?

best regards
D.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for your quick reply! :)

We'll I've done a lot of research, and the thing I'd like to do is experiment and try out things with old and obscure lenses. So I've really gotten hung up on the Speed Graphic :) Sound crazy?

So I can just PM Will and ask him if he's got any stuff for sale?

best regards
D.

Hi Daniel,

You can use a Packard shutter in front of the old lenses and then mount the lens on a board on the Crown Graphic!

I use a Toyo I purchased from will Thompson for that and have a Packard shutter for all my old lenses!

Asher