• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Penn Pals

Long long time since my last visit and I nowadays mostly do strange and fun photographic projects. I invent photographers, write their biography and then create their images, like Sven Boqvist, who visited New York in 1956, as he had been writing to Irving Penn for some time thanks to his friendship with his wife, Lisa Fonssagrives ( both came from Uddevalla , Sweden ). Svens images were lost but found after 50 years, and became a book called The Penn Pals, to ride a little on Irvings name. ( very short version ).

// Sven Boqvist, self portrait from 2012
self_portrait_logo_700.jpg

// Tatiana Baronova, half sister to Irina and aunt to Victoria Tennant, here in Irving Penns studio ( balancing on a alabaster egg )
tatiana_egg_walls_II_700.jpg

// The Tunnel Dance, Central Park.
tatiana_tunnel_dance_700.jpg

// Vanessa Fantini
vanessa_bw_700.jpg

//Deborah Maywald, owner of the Framed Fame Studios.
rebecca_portrait_700.jpg

.. full story at www.thepennpals.com

Sorry, forgot the introducing part ( the old one is 6 years old =) ) Im a former musician, although I still have some alter egos in that field too =) that started to make websites and design things and then getting into an obsession with photography.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Long long time since my last visit and I nowadays mostly do strange and fun photographic projects. I invent photographers, write their biography and then create their images, like Sven Boqvist, who visited New York in 1956, as he had been writing to Irving Penn for some time thanks to his friendship with his wife, Lisa Fonssagrives ( both came from Uddevalla , Sweden ). Svens images were lost but found after 50 years, and became a book called The Penn Pals, to ride a little on Irvings name. ( very short version ).

// Tatiana Baronova, half sister to Irina and aunt to Victoria Tennant, here in Irving Penns studio ( balancing on a alabaster egg )

// Vanessa Fantini
vanessa_bw_700.jpg

rebecca_portrait_700.jpg

I like the work, but the last picture doesn't fit in or is she the ballerina?

Asher

Thanks!
No, she is the owner of the Framed Fame Studios on Manhattan. That was more of a documentary photo, taken at Bryant Park. She has the look of Marilyn Monroes mother =)
More stylish "portrait" of her is ...

rebecca_vogue_700.jpg

... and ...

rebecca_hollywood_800.jpg

... and he also met Edna Winters ....

mrs_spotface_800.jpg

,,, and the Betty Page wanna-be

amelie1.jpg

// Vanessa Fantini
vanessa_bw_700.jpg

rebecca_portrait_700.jpg

Per, I love your work! It is rich and dramatic and simply gorgeous!