• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Street Gallery

Tom dinning

Registrant*
20881814692_1c71040135_c.jpg
[/url]_D3S3172 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr}​

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Who'd have thought the gutter was such a civilised place?

Nothing wrong with a nap in the gutter from time to time. Christine thinks it's beneath me when I sit in the gutter to shot the passing parade. She's right. It is beneath me. Literally.
Cheers Andy. Nice to hear from you.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
20881814692_1c71040135_c.jpg
[/url]_D3S3172 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr}​

I am often spotted lying on the floor or leaning over a ledge to get the right perspective and viewpoint for my shot. However, I try to keep on the roadway or sidewalk as gutters tend to have all sorts of noxious detritus coating its surface!

You have not only made a nice photograph but opened a portal of refreshing thought about what constitutes art for us. Essentially your post suggests, (and you are probably correct), that our presence (and whatever happens to be in front of the glass), in the street amounts to "performance art" when isolated, framed and appreciated by reflections in the shop windows.

In fact, this is a popular subject for photographers but, this is the first time, AFAIK, that anyone has called the displays "a gallery"! I like this as it give some form and boundaries to a section of photography related but distinct from street photography as it includes some of t
What's behind the glass blended with what's in the sky and street!

Thanks for this added clarity!

Asher