• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Camera strap

Graham Mitchell

I'll post impressions and notes about the camera as I go along. One of the first things I noticed was that the Rollei neckstrap is not very good. It's quite narrow and rigid. I would recommend instead the Optech Pro Strap 3/8", which connects perfectly to the camera, is much wider and padded and costs $20. Huge improvement.

Old and new:
straps.jpg

Geoff Goldberg

Graham -

I was walking once with the Hy6, and the clip for the strap came undone. It snapped back in fine, but gave me some pause about its absolute security. In short, I use the strap for short periods, but don't carry the camera long ways using only the strap.

FYI,
Geoff

Graham Mitchell

Thanks for the information. If it happened just once, then perhaps it wasn't clipped in properly? Anyway, will keep an eye on that.

Anders Loof

I have used Optech straps for basically all cameras I have owned the last ten years. They are really excellent.

For Hy6 though, I quick found the wrist strap so comfortable and camera so well balanced that I do not use a strap.